2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Never faced a pro footballers mishit shot from 8 yards into me face.

Just dont get the hate. He is a bit weird/wired, but the lad is clearly a talented footballer, just in one of those phases. But happy for Carlo to decide what to do.

Question is for how long do you allow that phase to continue before you make the decision that his presence is having an actively detrimental effect on the team?
I also think he's a talent, in his first season he clearly showed that. But when he's made 9 errors leading to goals (more than any other keeper) since the start of last season, you've got to start questioning whether our priorities must shift to brining in an alternative to give him a spell out of the team (both for his own good and for the good of the team).

That balls up today: it's roots are in all of his errors - he is in two minds at what he should do. Today, he had in mind either catch the ball or pat the ball down and then gather it. In the end he did neither.

At other times it's whether to put the ball out or catch it.

There is a fatal error in this lad because his judgement on these things is confused right at the moment he should have opted for one option and stuck to it.

It's why he's decent at reactive saves: no time to think and judge what's best.

Itls what his antics do to a defence as much as his own howlers that are an outrage.

I just dont get 3 managers keeping faith with this unstable character.

As well as Ancelotti has done, keeping Pickford as his number 1 GK is a huge black mark on his Everton resume.

He'll cost us. He;s cost us in the past but it's usually the difference between 7th or 8th and midtable or below; this time it'll be the difference between 7th or 8th and the CL/EL places.

What is this club doing employing a confirmed failure in our goal?

That balls up today: it's roots are in all of his errors - he is in two minds at what he should do. Today, he had in mind either catch the ball or pat the ball down and then gather it. In the end he did neither.

At other times it's whether to put the ball out or catch it.

There is a fatal error in this lad because his judgement on these things is confused right at the moment he should have opted for one option and stuck to it.

It's why he's decent at reactive saves: no time to think and judge what's best.

Itls what his antics do to a defence as much as his own howlers that are an outrage.

I just dont get 3 managers keeping faith with this unstable character.

As well as Ancelotti has done, keeping Pickford as his number 1 GK is a huge black mark on his Everton resume.

He'll cost us. He;s cost us in the past but it's usually the difference between 7th or 8th and midtable or below; this time it'll be the difference between 7th or 8th and the CL/EL places.

What is this club doing employing a confirmed failure in our goal?

I’ve said it for ages. He simply cannot catch and hold a ball. Surely we have someone who can teach him this, or get him some sticky gloves ffs. He will bring tears to the team and fans if he keeps this up......

Robles was a considerably better keeper than Pickford.

Pickford is a shot stopper. That's it. He's usually very good with reaction saves.
I'll go balls deep and say Stek didn't make as many errors as JP currently, he's lucky we are scoring goals but it'll be a matter of time before it costs us, it'll be an important game as well.

Maybe. Never faced a pro footballers mishit shot from 8 yards into me face.

Just dont get the hate. He is a bit weird/wired, but the lad is clearly a talented footballer, just in one of those phases. But happy for Carlo to decide what to do.
2 year “phase“ now royds. What about him screams talent? I don’t see him as quality in any area id expect from a keeper. Genuinely none of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.