2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to support the lad if we don't get a new keeper in
Would be mighty surprised if we can get a ready made replacement within the next 48 hrs. My hope is that a week away with Southgate's crew will somehow steady him. On the other hand if Southgate drops him as first choice that will absolutely fry his brain meaning give Lossi the gloves.

Don't buy that; that's an easy adjust.

Maybe. Never faced a pro footballers mishit shot from 8 yards into me face.

Just dont get the hate. He is a bit weird/wired, but the lad is clearly a talented footballer, just in one of those phases. But happy for Carlo to decide what to do.

Just dont get the hate. He is a bit weird/wired, but the lad is clearly a talented footballer, just in one of those phases. But happy for Carlo to decide what to do.

This "phase" has lasted for longer than 18 months. He was great in his first season, but if 18 months is a phase then I guess his first season could be called a blip.

Regardless, whether there is a player in there or not, he is utterly pants right now. And the longer we persist with him the more damage we do to any aspirations we have for the season.

would be surprised if Carlo doesn't give him until Jan (rightly or wrongly). Thank god for him that there are no fans in the ground at the moment

That shouldn't be a reason to let him keep his position. He could have seriously hurt Mina today with his idiotic keeping. The back 4 don't trust him, and that leads to injuries to the defenders. So it is a false positive.

He should be dropped now.
Never wish harm to anyone,but a broken finger playing for Engerlund might be well timed.

It wasn’t a power volley or anything. It’s a simple catch for 95% of keepers. It’s not even just that, the punch from the corner in the second half was abysmal and then parrying a cross right into the six yard box, just not what you expect from a £30m international goalkeeper.

Never wish harm to anyone,but a broken finger playing for Engerlund might be well timed.

He needs real competition, which he hasn't got at the moment. Others have raised their game since the addition of the new midfielders. Jordan, bar Spurs on the opening day, is still in last season mode and it is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.