2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a dark and dangerous place, But on v a serious note we either have to replace him, or get some serious competition. Given the money involved, I think we will have to find a way to rebuild his confidence because he will probably be here for another season at least.
I don’t think rebuilding his confidence is an issue, I think his over confidence and arrogance is the problem.
He lacks concentration and I believe that is a trait of over confidence and arrogance.
i am not sure even with the above sorted he is a good keeper, we need to replace him or be extremely patient in the hope he will improve with age

I don’t think rebuilding his confidence is an issue, I think his over confidence and arrogance is the problem.
He lacks concentration and I believe that is a trait of over confidence and arrogance.
i am not sure even with the above sorted he is a good keeper, we need to replace him or be extremely patient in the hope he will improve with age
You are describing a mental issue, where the answer is a psychologist.
He was a disaster last season, but he was good when he first arrived. However it happens, he needs to rediscover that Original form.
Im not happy at all with him and want him replaced. But with the money we’ve spent and the contract he’s on, he’s going nowhere for a while. With FFP limitations and the amount of work to do to other parts of the squad, I can’t see us getting a keeper of sufficient quality to challenge him.
I hope I’m proved wrong, but I think we’re stuck with him for a season at least.

It would be much better to sell and replace him because his mentality and consistency are both awful (not what you want in a backup keeper either), but I am skeptical that it will happen this summer. I'm thinking it's a lot more likely that we bin Lossl and bring in a better veteran. Hopefully someone who will actually push and take the job away based on performance. There are several veteran keepers looking for new clubs that should not cost a ton: Sirigu, Romero, Ulreich, etc.

You are describing a mental issue, where the answer is a psychologist.
He was a disaster last season, but he was good when he first arrived. However it happens, he needs to rediscover that Original form.
Im not happy at all with him and want him replaced. But with the money we’ve spent and the contract he’s on, he’s going nowhere for a while. With FFP limitations and the amount of work to do to other parts of the squad, I can’t see us getting a keeper of sufficient quality to challenge him.
I hope I’m proved wrong, but I think we’re stuck with him for a season at least.
I would rather have kept Stekelenberg for next season and stuck him in, always looked far more composed and "steady" than the queer fella in my humble opinion.

Good goal keeper. Questionable attitude. Seems to switch off too often. I’d be happy to keep, providing a capable 2nd choice (Romero from UTD?) is bought in too push him.

Status
Not open for further replies.