2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are describing a mental issue, where the answer is a psychologist.
He was a disaster last season, but he was good when he first arrived. However it happens, he needs to rediscover that Original form.
Im not happy at all with him and want him replaced. But with the money we’ve spent and the contract he’s on, he’s going nowhere for a while. With FFP limitations and the amount of work to do to other parts of the squad, I can’t see us getting a keeper of sufficient quality to challenge him.
I hope I’m proved wrong, but I think we’re stuck with him for a season at least.

Intentional?

You are describing a mental issue, where the answer is a psychologist.
He was a disaster last season, but he was good when he first arrived. However it happens, he needs to rediscover that Original form.
Im not happy at all with him and want him replaced. But with the money we’ve spent and the contract he’s on, he’s going nowhere for a while. With FFP limitations and the amount of work to do to other parts of the squad, I can’t see us getting a keeper of sufficient quality to challenge him.
I hope I’m proved wrong, but I think we’re stuck with him for a season at least.
I think he has been prone to lack of concentration since his arrival, his first season was decent no more.
In the post I was trying to give my view on his confidence being rebuilt, I still believe he is over confident and arrogant, I will add unprofessional.
I always thought he was too small for a keeper, and that was brought home when he conceded against Belgium. I remember Courtois saying he would of saved it as simply he was taller.
I just don’t think he is a good overall keeper, and like you think he maybe with us at least mid term

Did he have this many mistakes at Sunderland? And if so why the hell didn’t the club veto Walsh moving for him?

I think we bought into the potential. Sadly he seems to be getting worse.
At that point now where the confidence surrounding him is evaporating. Thats very dangerous ground for keepers. He reminds me so much of joe hart. Once he got that rep he was cooked.

I think he has been prone to lack of concentration since his arrival, his first season was decent no more.
In the post I was trying to give my view on his confidence being rebuilt, I still believe he is over confident and arrogant, I will add unprofessional.
I always thought he was too small for a keeper, and that was brought home when he conceded against Belgium. I remember Courtois saying he would of saved it as simply he was taller.
I just don’t think he is a good overall keeper, and like you think he maybe with us at least mid term
I dot disagree with anything you have said really. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for now. Unless Brands can pull a rabbit out of a hat and find a cheap keeper who is better than him. We just cant waste more money on stop gaps.

I’ve no doubt we’re searching for a new keeper. Everyone praises CA and rightly so for his resume. You don’t have his record and put up with a keeper making mistakes every game. No way. I’d be shocked if he’s still our keeper next game

Pickford has had a poor season, but I think other areas (midfield) will be changed before Pickford is replaced. I think next season could be more make or break for him, with Everton and England, but I’m only guessing.

I’ve no doubt we’re searching for a new keeper. Everyone praises CA and rightly so for his resume. You don’t have his record and put up with a keeper making mistakes every game. No way. I’d be shocked if he’s still our keeper next game

Next game is just over 4 weeks away, he'll be in goal

Status
Not open for further replies.