2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a different position, but if City are prepared to pay £40 million on a centre back who's no better than the outgoing John Stones, it shows there's money in the market to at least give us a return on Prickford. I'd be more than happy with a none flashy, steady eddie keeper between the sticks.

He is clearly out of form, but he hasn’t been taken out of the team because there is no sensible alternative available in our squad.
The question is, has the Anfield gaffe finished him at Everton? Will he ever recover from that?
I’m not sure.

That is what will always rankle with me. He gifted them the win and 3 points.

Due to the investment in him, we are pretty much stuck with him.
No one would take him, and we cant buy in a top class keeper so we are basically paying 2 1st team keeper wages.
I've heard the idea would be to look at which top clubs might be offering the goalkeepers out on loan (e.g Areola at PSG & Lunin at Madrid)
The problem we have with that would be convincing the clubs that they wlll get game time ahead of allegedly Englands no.1 goalkeeper

The club needs to grow a pair and get tough, enough is enough. A defence needs a GK it can rely on.

There is 426 pages to the Jordan Pickford thread and having a scan through random pages the majority of it is fume. The lad is just not good enough and if we can get decent money for him then let him go. For me I’d get Ben Foster in as a temporary measure as 100% he’d save more than Pickford.

There is 426 pages to the Jordan Pickford thread and having a scan through random pages the majority of it is fume. The lad is just not good enough and if we can get decent money for him then let him go. For me I’d get Ben Foster in as a temporary measure as 100% he’d save more than Pickford.
The previous season's Jordan Pickford thread had over 700 pages - mostly fume.

He's a disaster.

He helped, and I mean helped, get Sunderland relegated.

He’s helped turn us into a mess.
Pickford's reputation is wholly based on his run for England. He's led a mostly charmed existence for them, although even there he;s dropped many an expensive bollock.

He is the ultimate Emperor's new clothes in football terms.

He's not good enough as a #2 either. We need shut of him completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.