2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying get rid!

Who will take him?

On the wages we pay he, we cant have him sitting on the bench! Plus having to invest in a new number one!

Once anyone gets wind of us wanting rid, we will get low balled!
don't care what wages he's on he needs dropping or selling and he isn't getting sold cause he's crap.

I don't understand the level of hate this lad gets. Yes he's made his fair share of embarrassing cock-ups (more then most in fairness) since he's been here and he could do with a long spell on the sidelines to grow up a bit and learn from his mistakes but he's hardly alone there is he? Our defense is nonexistent most weeks, our midfield is a blackhole and our forward line might as well be sitting the bench for all the good they do. Yet only Pickford is apparently worthy of this level of hatred, its kin' weird.

I don't understand the level of hate this lad gets. Yes he's made his fair share of embarrassing cock-ups (more then most in fairness) since he's been here and he could do with a long spell on the sidelines to grow up a bit and learn from his mistakes but he's hardly alone there is he? Our defense is nonexistent most weeks, our midfield is a blackhole and our forward line might as well be sitting the bench for all the good they do. Yet only Pickford is apparently worthy of this level of hatred, its kin' weird.

That would really help to be honest. He needs about another 6 inches in height.

You’ve answered your own question there about why he gets so much stick. He makes too many mistakes, some of them really simple saves which he messes up on, it’s not good enough, once or twice you give him the benefit of the doubt but it’s becoming one in every other game and it’s completely unacceptable. His laughing and pulling tongues after his dire performances doesn’t help. Makes him look like he doesn’t take his performances all that serious. It’s bad professionalism.
I wouldn’t say he’s the only one who gets this kind of treatment from the fans either, he’s equally dispised as much as Davies & Sigurdsson.

You’ve answered your own question there about why he gets so much stick. He makes too many mistakes, some of them really simple saves which he messes up on, it’s not good enough, once or twice you give him the benefit of the doubt but it’s becoming one in every other game and it’s completely unacceptable. His laughing and pulling tongues after his dire performances doesn’t help. Makes him look like he doesn’t take his performances all that serious. It’s bad professionalism.
I wouldn’t say he’s the only one who gets this kind of treatment from the fans either, he’s equally dispised as much as Davies & Sigurdsson.
Literally every single player at this club has made laughable mistakes this season and the one before and the one before. Some far more then Pickford. Our defense is an absolute disaster, some of them don't even try half the time. Yet Pickford gets the most stick because he pulled a silly face?!

The difference between Pickford and most of our side is that he can get better (and probably will when we inevitably sell him on) but the absolute trash that are in front of him that masquerades as a defense will never get better. They're dross and are stealing a living at this club.

Literally every single player at this club has made laughable mistakes this season and the one before and the one before. Some far more then Pickford. Our defense is an absolute disaster, some of them don't even try half the time. Tet Pickford gets the most stick because he pulled a silly face?!

The difference between Pickford and most of our side is that he can get better (and probably will when we inevitably sell him on) but the absolute trash that are in front of him that masquerades as a defense will never get better. They're dross and are stealing a living at this club.

I disagree mate I think he gets equally as much stick as the rest of them do and it’s 100% justified. You can’t keep making simple mistakes like he does and keep getting away with it. His reactions don’t help his cause whatsoever.

Literally every single player at this club has made laughable mistakes this season and the one before and the one before. Some far more then Pickford. Our defense is an absolute disaster, some of them don't even try half the time. Yet Pickford gets the most stick because he pulled a silly face?!

Literally no one has made more mistakes than this meff

1595863688731.png

4 errors leading to goals 2nd most in the league, Not good enough and can't be trusted.

How tall are you? Might need you this coming season
5’ 9” but I can’t half jump.

You think he considers his height when he is positioning himself . Always seems to be flapping and a foot short on crosses esp. No excuses for not covering near post etc. That's basics. Any decent keeper who is on the short side needs to be special. Height power and presence I would consider as important as agility. In peno shoot outs if I was a betting man I go for height not agility and if pickford was coming at me to catch a cross I'm not worried about getting physically hurt as if a near 40 year old frasier foster was coming at me.
I wasn’t the biggest but I was decent. He needs to use his loaf. It’s not all about height.

We need a new left back, possibly a centre half, possibly a right back, certainly two midfielders and maybe a right sided winger.....a new first choice keeper will not be added to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.