2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fear that he is going to Chelsea but I would like him to keep our net

given the amount of money they owe chelsea for morata, plus the ability to swap Spain's #1 keeper in the deal, you would imagine it will work for all parties unfortunately

I'm not saying it's a good thing but I've always had a sense of loyalty to our players, always hoping that even crap ones will turn out well. I cant recall what I've posted here in support of Pickford but now I've had it with him. I can't see how he will ever be the GK we need. So many things are wrong with his recent performances.

I've been involved in coaching GK for a few years, currently working with a group of 11 /12 year olds. The main advice I give for matches is "make no mistakes". Players will always score worldlies, your own team mates will stuff up, but hold your catches, get your angles right etc but no mistakes.
If I could be bothered I would compile a video of Pickfords mistakes for us as a training tool. There have been some absolute belters. The sort of mistakes I wouldnt expect a 11/12yo to make. And here is Pickford making them week in, week out.

He needs shifting.

I reckon you don't need to be Carlo's son or his cousin or any other of his Italian family
on the payroll to work out that the answer to our financial woes: we have three players
capable of being sold for a profit, Digne, Richarlison and Pickford. We need the first two
but Lossi is no worse than Mr. Thickee.

Flog Mr. Thickee for 50 million or more to Chelski - solves the FFP issue - and ask Brand to
wait outside the office while Carlo and family and approved agents do the biz.

I reckon you don't need to be Carlo's son or his cousin or any other of his Italian family
on the payroll to work out that the answer to our financial woes: we have three players
capable of being sold for a profit, Digne, Richarlison and Pickford. We need the first two
but Lossi is no worse than Mr. Thickee.

Flog Mr. Thickee for 50 million or more to Chelski - solves the FFP issue - and ask Brand to
wait outside the office while Carlo and family and approved agents do the biz.
Who would pay that much money? We would be lucky to get what we paid. He is damaged goods like Joe hart lost his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.