2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be my hateful imagination but I'm sure he laughs at me at the end

I thought you were talking about David James so i looked for that first. Then i watched 3 deliveroo adverts before i found thie one below, is this the one you mean?

He comes gurning out of his house and fist pumps the air like a bell of giving a tip. I'm convinced this is just something that happened while they were setting up to shoot the planned scene.

My life is forever tarnished following this experience.

In what way mate?

Just curious.

Because I seen Leno make 1 direct mistake leading to a goal. Pickford doesn't seem to have one of them for today.
Made a number of major stops just on DCL alone or we may have run away with it. Beat Richarlison to a fifty fifty half way down the pitch. I agree Pickers didn't have a lot of help today.

He used to be a damn near world class shot stopper but terrible keeper. Now he doesn't even stop any shots anymore.

Did he?? Can’t remember that to be honest. What I can remember is him performing exactly how he is just now. He’s always been an average keeper. Even the saves he makes, he does so in such a manner that he causes issues, I.e. pushing the ball directly back into danger. Not that he makes many saves. He’s such a poor goalkeeper in so many ways. He’s performing to his level. He’s always been like this.

I disagree with others that he should have claimed that cross (it was just out of range for me), but I bet teams are braver knowing that he won’t claim them.

I will say that many keepers do claim those types of crosses by reacting early and gambling a bit. Pickford is terrified whenever the ball is on the wing because he knows he has to try and claim it- so he does the opposite and sticks to the goal line.

Don’t think he could have saved any of their goals. All pretty unsaveable.

That said, he did make another big error, Arsenal just didn’t punish it. He can’t continue to make these sort of mistakes so consistently and us not expect us to be punished.
Being a good goalkeeper is not all about shot stopping though.
The goaly can see all whats going on in front of him and the great ones reduce the amount of shots they face by being great organisers.
He's too quiet, he doesn't organize the defence which leads to him facing shots that could have been avoided in the first place.

He need to be sold as the relationship between the fans and pickford is at all time low. Majority of the fanbase have no respect or love for him anymore.

He has a confidence issue with a difference. Most players, when going through a bad patch, lose a bit of confidence. Pickford seems to remain convinced that he is a cross between Neville Southall and Gordon Banks. What really annoys me is when he makes a stupid mistake and just grins, as if it doesn’t matter.
He is not a bad keeper, he’s just nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Until he accepts the flaws in his game and works on them, he will be a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.