2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone blue who went to the Everton Legends at the Empire tonight will have heard from Southall who called Pickford;

"The Ross Barkley of Goalkeepers"

Instinctive he has potential which I think we all agree with but he has too much time to prepare for games which lets his mind wander which leads him trying to get involved in stuff he doesn't need to do.

Southall is SPOT ON and his final note was perfect.

"someone needs to sit him down and tell him stop being a t*t"

Criticism clearly does affect him. I'm not surprised.

He made a howler on Saturday and then pulled off a worldie. We won the game.

He's a goalie for heavens sake. They're not like normal people.
He pulled off a worldie as his positioning is terrible.

The Man U game at Old Trafford this season, one handed save, looked awesome if you completely ignore that he had gone too far to his right and then had to overstretch to make the save. Unlike this occasion, many saves he doesn’t make due to poor positioning, with the ball just out of reach.

This weak positional sense i believe he can work on, what I don’t believe he can improve is his lack of concentration. It’s a flaw that’s in him. We all have flaws. The hyperactivity, constantly twitching, or shouting, or reacting to the crowd/what’s going on on the field. That’s who he is. Jumping up and down like a madman after the opening save in a penalty shootout vs Leicester...never seen anything like it. The calm, composed, unflustered assurance that top keepers have, he is completely devoid of any of that.

The 25-year-old was at fault for Christian Benteke's goal on Saturday as Everton went seventh in the Premier League thanks to a 3-1 win against Crystal Palace.

"I think the press and everybody, the punters - look at Gary Neville - they just want to come for England players.

The most concerning part of this article is the fact that he doesn’t know the difference between a punter and a pundit.

He pulled off a worldie as his positioning is terrible.

The Man U game at Old Trafford this season, one handed save, looked awesome if you completely ignore that he had gone too far to his right and then had to overstretch to make the save. Unlike this occasion, many saves he doesn’t make due to poor positioning, with the ball just out of reach.

This weak positional sense i believe he can work on, what I don’t believe he can improve is his lack of concentration. It’s a flaw that’s in him. We all have flaws. The hyperactivity, constantly twitching, or shouting, or reacting to the crowd/what’s going on on the field. That’s who he is. Jumping up and down like a madman after the opening save in a penalty shootout vs Leicester...never seen anything like it. The calm, composed, unflustered assurance that top keepers have, he is completely devoid of any of that.
Don't know if it's a Geordie or mackem thing but his antics remind me of a young Gazza. And we know what happened to him

Years of continuous coaching until it becomes second nature and you do it without thinking.
its the same for all basic skills that footballers have.
You think Digne just takes free kicks and does not and did not practice them for hours growing up
No. I understand that. Judging if you can reach a ball before another man is intuative to a nine year old. Pickford is useless at that, as was Tim Howard. GET RID!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.