2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer news on BBC says Chelsea are looking to offload their keeper keeps. Did he cost £80 million? And move for pope at Burnley. Hope they look at Pickford tio

Quality keeper is our Pickers. Saves just over half the shots he faces. Good thing he’s so commanding and controls box to make up for it....wait...no. He’s just a poor keeper with a big ego.

Didn't have to wait that long, in fact......
Didn't have to wait that long, in fact......

Oh dear! Still building sandcastles I see, plus ca change.

My post in no way endorses the point you are trying to make, in your fervour you have exposed your lack of comprehension, again.

You are fast becoming an object of ridicule on here, but I suspect that the attention you receive drives you on in the mistaken belief that you are actually making a contribution. Next time you quote ask your mum to check before hitting reply.

What exactly did Robles do that made him worse than Pickford?

In his last season with us he kept lots of clean sheets and had begun to command his box collecting crosses* etc.

His replacement was unwarranted compared to other areas of the squad.

Never felt confident with Robles being in goal, seen him have some shocking performances, most notably in the Europa at Goodison in a dead rubber he was at fault for the goal that cost us the game. Pickford has had more good games than bad but has considerably made more errors since he's become the regular Number one for England, probably the worst thing for him was playing in that World Cup as the main keeper as there was more pressure put on his shoulders after that tournament

View attachment 77366

Quality keeper is our Pickers. Saves just over half the shots he faces. Good thing he’s so commanding and controls box to make up for it....wait...no. He’s just a poor keeper with a big ego.

Where's Alisson on that list? I agree he's been really poor this season, but save % is skewed in favour of keepers who face lots of shots- he would've been 2nd on this list with his % from Sunderland in 2016/17, for example. I think part of the problem is that he is too erratic and frantic sometimes, it doesn't lend itself to success when you're not constantly involved so when he finally has something to do he ends up scrambling all over and trying too hard, if that makes sense.

Where's Alisson on that list? I agree he's been really poor this season, but save % is skewed in favour of keepers who face lots of shots- he would've been 2nd on this list with his % from Sunderland in 2016/17, for example. I think part of the problem is that he is too erratic and frantic sometimes, it doesn't lend itself to success when you're not constantly involved so when he finally has something to do he ends up scrambling all over and trying too hard, if that makes sense.
Understand where you are coming from, and yes Pickford is erratic. It's the easiest way to say it.

I don't think we sell or replace him any time soon. So I hope he just gets his head down and improves.

How longs his contract got to run?

his ability is acceptable, he’s not brilliant but he’s far from terrible, but unfortunately he’s a clown with a stupidly large ego and the emotional intelligence of a young child.

he has not grown up since joining us, and he needs to take a genuinely long look in the mirror if he’s going to ever be a top keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.