2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was at fault for both goals,the first he flaps like Dai Davies. The second even though it was a good goal. Close legs and stay on the line.

Just saw it on SSN bloke sounded like he had just undergone a lobotomy
This is a concern for me. I always thought goalkeepers needed to be clever a bit quick on the uptake especially with reaction time.

Pickford for me seems like a nice guy but your right in what you say never comes across as clever.

Not that he is a bad keeper just may never be great.

His ego outweighs his ability for me. He’s confident enough to scream at everyone in front of him for not picking up runners or not winning headers or closing down space but never throws his own hand up when he has missed basic inswinging corners into his six yard box or hared off his line to cause confusion when the centre back needs certainty as to where he is. Loves to be the centre of attention but for me he lacks composure and his temperament is suspect. What is he doing in Lincoln’s penalty box after we’ve scored? Lucky not to be sent off for the shocker against Ali....throw in Newcastle and Anfield... it’s a work in progress as he is capable in many other aspects. But he should be....he’s England’s current number one.

Will he make fifty England caps as Everton’s goalkeeper? I don’t think he will, but I’d be very happy to be proven wrong if he does.

I don't give a crap how clever he is as long as he keeps the ball out of the back of the net.
I'm not the brightest myself. I'm a truck driver.

I don't give a crap how clever he is as long as he keeps the ball out of the back of the net.
I'm not the brightest myself. I'm a truck driver.

Presume you have an HGV license,so you're definitely not stupid. Intelligence comes in many guises. Some people are clever practically, others are creative. Pickfords talent lies in the area of goalkeeping. I once had to drive a high sided 'van'...definitely not for me...quite happy with my middle range Citroen. Horses for courses applies in most walks of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.