2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever the manager is that leads us this or next season, until they get rid of this idiot they will fail. Time and time again he will rob the team of any momentum

He's the biggest single problem at the club, there are lots of other myriad issues around our performance but this guy is an obvious and simple one

Truth is, safe and secure keepers simply don't exist any more. They are all prone to errors and rash decisions, particularly now that they are expected to have the footballing ability of Messi as well as being shot stoppers.
By the way, check out Youtube if you believe that the great Neville Southall never made any errors.

That's why he looked so good at Sunderland(when they went down) , He had to face a barrage of shots every game and would make a number of point blank saves this is where he built his reputation.
The problem is when the opposition build attacks and he has to think about positioning and decision making.He flaps at shots and crosses that he should be able to catch punching the ball anywhere without thinking about the consequences.
I would sell now for pretty much what we bought him for before his stock falls , in 12 months we will be lucky to get 15 million.
Remember the alleged rumors that ManUre were prepared to offer somewhere in the vicinity of £80m? Whoops

He reminds me of Butland, in that he's been rated far beyond his actual ability. Although, the Butland hype is a distant memory now.

whoever the manager is that leads us this or next season, until they get rid of this idiot they will fail. Time and time again he will rob the team of any momentum

He's the biggest single problem at the club, there are lots of other myriad issues around our performance but this guy is an obvious and simple one
I assume you realise that is rubbish.

Which of the goals was he responsible for last night ?

England were desperately poor throughout and were grateful to goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who produced fine saves from Vladimir Coufal, Masopust and Alex Kral, while Czech counterpart Tomas Vaclik did well to deny Sterling and Kane.

Any hope the defensive uncertainty that characterised England's victory against Kosovo had been successfully addressed was banished inside the first 10 minutes in Prague.

Pickford saved brilliantly from Coufal as the Czech Republic responded to England's early salvo but there was the trademark confusion at the resulting corner which ended with Brabec stabbing home from close range.

England lived dangerously throughout and it was not a shock when they finally conceded late on.

Everton's Michael Keane struggles desperately at this level while full-backs Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier hardly covered themselves in glory either.

Harry Maguire looks the one staple in defence but he does not exude confidence either.

Which of the goals was he responsible for last night ?
I think it's just with Everton, he seems to make one big mistake per game that directly leads to, or contributes to a goal. Certainly the 10 players in front of him aren't helping the cause, but his apparent lack of focus in crucial moments is unacceptable. My $.02

Truth is, safe and secure keepers simply don't exist any more. They are all prone to errors and rash decisions, particularly now that they are expected to have the footballing ability of Messi as well as being shot stoppers.
By the way, check out Youtube if you believe that the great Neville Southall never made any errors.
And the balls they play with - I feel like I should’ve rephrased that - are totally different to even 10 years ago. It’s not exactly like the 1950s where a keeper could just toss his cap down on any shot. They don’t use medicine balls anymore. I’m not even sure how much leather, if any, is in a pro football these days.
They look, to me anyway, very much like those plastic footballs you bought for 99p in a corner shop. It’s no wonder you don’t see keepers catch the thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.