2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
His stock will still be super high. This will always be the case whilst he remains England's No. 1.

The laughing when he makes a mistake is a personal bugbear of mine. Should be furious with himself.

Only recently seen this myself (didn't watch the highlights of the city game for obvious reasons)

What was that all about eh? It was horrific by Pickford, could well have let in a fourth goal of the day and he's making out it's no biggie.

His arrogance dwarfs his ability.

I don't know. I get what you mean, and he's definitely worth £50m to us, but I don't know if anybody would actually pay that for him. Same with the likes of Keane etc. The market means its not worth selling them for £30m but i'm not sure you'd get many takers for more than that.

Keane is absolute garbage though so it's hard putting a value on him

you're right though about who would actually need pickford though, all the "top 6" already have decent keepers except maybe spurs with lloris who is getting on, and tbh has been rubbish for years

My head is spinning at the delusion.

People think other clubs see Pickford as a class act and would want to pay more than 28mill +100k a week = 50mill over 4/5 years on an error prone keeper with attitude issues.

Mindblowing. Its like Liverpool fans cant believe they havnt won the league for 28 years.

Alot of our supporters think we are just below Lpool/City.

We are bottom 3 on merit because of garbage like Pickford and Keane.

Are you serious?

What about Keane. Becaue he has made the england squad do you seriously think any prem team would pay a fee and massive wages for him?

Do the vast sums paid on scouting networks, analytical models, DOF etc etc etc boil down to .
`Hes in the England team, he must be top-class - buy him'.

Yes, I am serious.

He is England's number 1 keeper. Holding on to the jersey despite many other promising keeps coming through the ranks, knocking at the door.

Keane is merely rotated with all the other jarg CB's England possess. So that 'comparison' is pretty meaningless.

Are you serious?

What about Keane. Becaue he has made the england squad do you seriously think any prem team would pay a fee and massive wages for him?

Do the vast sums paid on scouting networks, analytical models, DOF etc etc etc boil down to .
`Hes in the England team, he must be top-class - buy him'.
I would expect not, but Utd paid nearly £80m for Harry Maguire, so who knows.

Needs to stay on his line more on crosses but prob feels like the defence cant handle it which is why he is coming out all the time, shocked hwo bad we are defending them we should be winning more headers while defending. We are also terrible at attacking on are own corners

Not sure I’d put that much blame on him for the Czech winner. The ball back to him wasn’t helpful.

The biggest issue i see with him is he’s too panicky. He’s got a hyperactive manner and goalkeeper is the one position above all others where you need a calm head. A similar issue wrecked David James’s career as he would have these crazy moments where he’d switch off/lose concentration. Pickford is excellent at making point blank saves (where he doesn’t have to think), it’s when he has to think that’s the problem. If I was a defender playing infront of him I wouldn’t know what to expect. He’s fortunate the England gk position is so weak at the moment, especially when you consider that much more solid keepers in Tim Flowers and Nigel Martyn were largely reserves when Seaman was #1

His stupid kicking caused the Czech winner, know when to play and when to just clear it.
Both he and Keane would benefit from forgetting all about the playing it out from the back ethos and stick to giving the ball to the better equipped team mates and concentrating on their defensive duties.

Not sure I’d put that much blame on him for the Czech winner. The ball back to him wasn’t helpful.

The biggest issue i see with him is he’s too panicky. He’s got a hyperactive manner and goalkeeper is the one position above all others where you need a calm head. A similar issue wrecked David James’s career as he would have these crazy moments where he’d switch off/lose concentration. Pickford is excellent at making point blank saves (where he doesn’t have to think), it’s when he has to think that’s the problem. If I was a defender playing infront of him I wouldn’t know what to expect. He’s fortunate the England gk position is so weak at the moment, especially when you consider that much more solid keepers in Tim Flowers and Nigel Martyn were largely reserves when Seaman was #1

That's why he looked so good at Sunderland(when they went down) , He had to face a barrage of shots every game and would make a number of point blank saves this is where he built his reputation.
The problem is when the opposition build attacks and he has to think about positioning and decision making.He flaps at shots and crosses that he should be able to catch punching the ball anywhere without thinking about the consequences.
I would sell now for pretty much what we bought him for before his stock falls , in 12 months we will be lucky to get 15 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.