2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the greatest source but:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...skjaer-David-de-Gea-Jordan-Pickford-Jan-Oblak

"It is known that United have had a long standing interest in Everton star Jordan Pickford, who initially caught the eye of Jose Mourinho last year helping England reach a World Cup semi final.

Pickford’s form for Everton has dipped this season but he is still very much on Solskjaer’s radar even though Manchester United may have to pay as much as £60million to tempt Everton into selling."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...skjaer-David-de-Gea-Jordan-Pickford-Jan-Oblak

"It is known that United have had a long standing interest in Everton star Jordan Pickford, who initially caught the eye of Jose Mourinho last year helping England reach a World Cup semi final.

Pickford’s form for Everton has dipped this season but he is still very much on Solskjaer’s radar even though Manchester United may have to pay as much as £60million to tempt Everton into selling."

Pickford, Smalling and Jones......worth taking their money if only for the possible opportunity to see those 3 stooges on the pitch playing together

God please yes

Have they added a nought on to that?

FFS, £60M for him - if that happens and Solksjaar's arm isn't ripped out of its socket, I'd be furious.

No way are they paying 60 for him, although I did fully expect the papers to link our players to United, but didn't think it would be him.

We'd be stupid to take any offer under £75-80m for Pickford.

He has issues at the moment, he's not in the best form overall, but his potential is near enough unlimited. There is no reason for us to sell whatsoever; for all the people who slag him off, they can't name an alternative half as good.

Don't say Pope either; almost as bad as the Begovic shouts from a few years back.

They have the best young keeper in the country after Jordan. Dean Henderson, currently on loan at Sheffield United. He's a couple of years younger than Pickford and I reckon he could be challenging him for the England spot within a couple of years. If we were able to double our money on Pickford, and pick up Henderson for around £20m in the process, I don't think that would be bad business.

Ideally I'd like to bring in Henderson to challenge Jordan, but if we're working with a limited budget I'd say we have much bigger priorities. Henderson is already a very good keeper and I think he'll become a top one.

We'd be stupid to take any offer under £75-80m for Pickford.

He has issues at the moment, he's not in the best form overall, but his potential is near enough unlimited. There is no reason for us to sell whatsoever; for all the people who [Poor language removed] him off, they can't name an alternative half as good.

Don't say Pope either; almost as bad as the Begovic shouts from a few years back.

Exactly - we only sell if there is an improvement we can sign.

Some people obviously haven't learned from selling Rom and not replacing him near 3 years later.

Pickfords a class keeper btw, had a poor season but can pull off some class saves, some people rave about garbage like Patricio at Wolves who whilst he may not make as many mistakes I've seen him concede from some awful tame shots that Pickford would have easily saved.

Swings and roundabouts.

They have the best young keeper in the country after Jordan. Dean Henderson, currently on loan at Sheffield United. He's a couple of years younger than Pickford and I reckon he could be challenging him for the England spot within a couple of years. If we were able to double our money on Pickford, and pick up Henderson for around £20m in the process, I don't think that would be bad business.

Ideally I'd like to bring in Henderson to challenge Jordan, but if we're working with a limited budget I'd say we have much bigger priorities. Henderson is already a very good keeper and I think he'll become a top one.
Going to be a brilliant keeper that Henderson, probably been the best keeper in the championship this season

Status
Not open for further replies.