2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think most of the critics should be honest and admit part of it is that they just dont like him and how he comes across

as a keeper from what I've seen start of last season, and all this season, he is decent...especially for his age, but is flawed and I think he stays on his line too much.

So my actual opinion of him is that he is good but not great, maybe he will get better but I couldnt say but I would be overly fussed if we got good money for him and we changed up. but I think more important is the signing of a decent back up to push him for his place.

However as I mentioned at the start, his demeanour annoys me and he reminds me of Joe Hart, so I will pop into this thread every now and then to say SELL or other such things.
Wish he would just stay on his line,he's so unpredictable.

Couple of bits that stand out.

What an arrogant little bellend.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has defended his form after manager Gareth Southgate said he would start England's Euro 2020 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

"I don't know why people are questioning it so much," he said.

"I know I made an error against Newcastle and a couple of errors before that. You know yourself if you are doing well and I think my form shouldn't be getting questioned.
Doesn’t seem to take criticism well

He’s a clown. He has good games and bad. He embarrassed himself, the club and fans with the new castle crap.

I’d rather look elsewhere than have this clown in the club.

He is not elite, he is not world class. Only time will really tell.

I’d just rather it be on somebody else’s time than ours.
I hope this is a wind up rather than being serious.
We have issues at right back, cover at left back,centre back, central midfield, out wide and at centre forward … and you are worried about the goalkeeper.

I hope this is a wind up rather than being serious.
We have issues at right back, cover at left back,centre back, central midfield, out wide and at centre forward … and you are worried about the goalkeeper.
I’m absolutely serious. He is a clown. IMO.
Are there other areas of concern that take priority. Absolutely. Not really how you ascertained I put him as a number one priority based on my post.

Wind up? Surely not.

It’s a body of work that needs to be looked at.

He is not world class.

Aside from winning it, he couldn't have had a better one personally.

World class saves, penalty saves.

For a goalkeeper, he had an unbelievable world cup.

You’re remembering it with rose tinted glasses, he was fine and did his job but unbelievable ?

The massive overhyping of his World Cup from fans and media seemingly contributed to his ego and possibly his poor performances this season.

Last edited:

Alright lad.

He made a mistake vs Liverpool and so now he's crap/didn't have a great world cup ? Lol
You’re remembering it with rose tinted glasses, he was fine and did his job but unbelievable ?

The massive overhyping of his World Cup from fans and media seemingly contributed to his ego and possibly his poor performances this season.
I can see both sides to be fair. He was excellent against Colombia and Sweden in two very big games, but he was average/poor in the group games and was widely thought to be under pressure in the lead up that Colombia game. He did well, but unbelievable might be stretching it.

Alright lad.

He made a mistake vs Liverpool and so now he's crap/didn't have a great world cup ? Lol

Wut ? What does his mistake vs Liverpool have to do with his world cup ? Why are you fabricating an argument i never made ? how strange, textbook straw-manning.

If you go back in this thread to just after the world cup you'll see i was saying his world cup was overhyped before this season had even started.

I can see both sides to be fair. He was excellent against Colombia and Sweden in two very big games, but he was average/poor in the group games and was widely thought to be under pressure in the lead up that Colombia game. He did well, but unbelievable might be stretching it.

Only Courtois (25) and Ochoa (25) made more saves than Pickfords 17 in the tournament. His saves against Russia and Sweden in particular.

He also was excellent with his distribution;

That is a brilliant achievement for any goalkeeper, but a technical study carried out by FIFA on the World Cup shows just how good Pickford is.

The study highlights that Pickford averaged 34 passes a game - a comfortable six over the average at the tournament, and just one fewer than Manuel Neuer - and did it at an accuracy of 77%, again a figure well above the average of 68%.

There was a reason he earned headlines like the below;

He was tremendous in the world cup.

What is it with Evertonians snarling at our better players? His own clubs fans now actually trying to take that away/undermine his performance because it doesnt fit their agenda. Really, really weird.

I think it's mainly this;

Of course he has, he made 3 or 4 top saves in the last game we played.

But we only want to focus on the negatives.

The fact that people actually wanted The Stek hologram or a lad who has never played a senior game in his whole career in goal instead speaks volumes.

People wont and cant forget his Derby howler. When they win the Title it will only get worse.

Hes a perfectly fine keeper.

The ingrained agenda and festering because he made a bad mistake in a derby and that he comes across as arrogant/confident - heaven forbid an Everton player be self assured.

Some of you really need to give your heads a wobble.

He's been in a poor run of form, he'd benefit from some genuine competition.

I remember a few raising the argument that he has poor command of crosses and corners after the first fixture against Brighton. It wasn’t so much that Zouma shouldn’t have done better getting the clearance out as much as anything that close to the goal should be Pickford’s ball.

His defenders don’t trust him to deal with it and it speaks volumes that Keane and Zouma feel the need to go for every ball around the six yard box. Defenders are put in the unenviable position of sprinting towards goal to make clearances when Pickford should be dealing with them himself.

People gave me crap for questioning his height, but I think it’s a legitimate concern. An all time great in Southall being short has nothing to do with Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.