2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s made more mistakes leading to goals than any other keeper in the league mate .

that's why I said recently minus Newcastle

Westham
RS
Newcastle x 2
Off the top of my head
Let’s not forget he got away with the pen too

west ham? thats not an error leading to goal he passed it straight to them but there was a lot of play inbetween his pass and them scoring, that was bad defending all round

also as above, the leagues "best" keepers have made 1 or 2 mistakes less than him over a season

pickford is sound

he's won us more points than hes lost us.

Of course he has, he made 3 or 4 top saves in the last game we played.

But we only want to focus on the negatives.

The fact that people actually wanted The Stek hologram or a lad who has never played a senior game in his whole career in goal instead speaks volumes.

People wont and cant forget his Derby howler. When they win the Title it will only get worse.

Hes a perfectly fine keeper.

What would that do? Did it make you feel any better after the derby when he apologised?

He shouldn't be wallowing in self pity and self doubt, Everton players have had far to much of that over the years.

The ingrained agenda and festering because he made a bad mistake in a derby and that he comes across as arrogant/confident - heaven forbid an Everton player be self assured.

We loved him when he shushed Newcastle fans at Goodison, but he become public enemy number one when it backfired in a team shambles at St James.

It's not about making me feel happy. There's nothing worse than a person being overly arrogant and not recognising their faults. He just comes across as being a bit of an arse.

Disagree. I was taught to apologise when I made a mistake, not "talk myself up". I would have liked a statement like "I know where I need to improve and will do my upmost not to let myself, the club and the fans down".
It's not about making me feel happy. There's nothing worse than a person being overly arrogant and not recognising their faults. He just comes across as being a bit of an arse.

In the same interview;

“It is about me becoming better as a goalkeeper, it’s not about the criticism I’m getting, it’s about how I can go to training and what I can do in training to become better for game day.

“I have done it in the game (made mistakes against Newcastle), so I don’t mind watching it back.

“I know if it’s a goalkeeping error or a misjudgement, I know what type of error it is after I have watched it back again.

“Sometimes you don’t need telling or looking at it again if you know you have made that error, it’s about knowing how to improve and knowing how to then cancel those errors out.”

Of course he has, he made 3 or 4 top saves in the last game we played.

But we only want to focus on the negatives.

The fact that people actually wanted The Stek hologram or a lad who has never played a senior game in his whole career in goal instead speaks volumes.

People wont and cant forget his Derby howler. When they win the Title it will only get worse.

Hes a perfectly fine keeper.
Cue Davek,saying hes never made a match winning save as he has done so many times on here that has led to a win,makes no saves of note,and basically every other keeper in the league or anywhere else he would have,and trys to brain wash people into what he wants people to believe because he is never wrong lol As i said no keeper is every perfect and never will be,but i am more than happy with our one

Come off it...

What do you expect him to say? Of course he's going to deflect it.

First season at Everton he was Everton's player of the season. He then had an unbelievable world cup.

Sure, his form has been iffy the past month but that's football. He acknowledged the bad'un vs Newcastle but then talked himself up, and rightly so.

He's only being scrutinised so much regarding England because he plays for Everton, and the North East journos baying for his blood because he's Jordan Pickford...

View attachment 56102

I see this slipped in at the bottom of the trends, wonder if he's any good in goal?

When did he say this? If he did, he’s an utter fool.

Him being terrible might have some correlation with our place in the table, which is a big part of how we judge a manager, no? Not saying Marco is perfect, but how is he as a manager going to succeed with the team when his shot stopper is capable of league 1 level performances on the reg? Might say he should have brought another keeper in august, but if he had dropped Jordan after the WC fans in here would go insane.
He said it yesterday. It's on the Guardian page.

He’s a clown. He has good games and bad. He embarrassed himself, the club and fans with the new castle crap.

I’d rather look elsewhere than have this clown in the club.

He is not elite, he is not world class. Only time will really tell.

I’d just rather it be on somebody else’s time than ours.

i think most of the critics should be honest and admit part of it is that they just dont like him and how he comes across

as a keeper from what I've seen start of last season, and all this season, he is decent...especially for his age, but is flawed and I think he stays on his line too much.

So my actual opinion of him is that he is good but not great, maybe he will get better but I couldnt say I would be overly fussed if we got good money for him and we changed up. but I think more important is the signing of a decent back up to push him for his place.

However as I mentioned at the start, his demeanour annoys me and he reminds me of Joe Hart, so I will pop into this thread every now and then to say SELL or other such things.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.