2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No defender can want him behind them. I'm amazed no player has dealt with him. If it were me I'd have pummelled him into the ground.

We havnt got any players with any bottle so no chance of one of them having a go at him. No leaders aka Peter Reid in the team

Been the game. Don't get what Pickford did with that second goal. If he can't grab it palm the ball over. Always thought he was too small. Dosnt command any.balls in the air. Punched one early first half right to.there man on the edge of the area. 10 mind later does the same with Rondon giving a pen away. Good shot stoppers sometimes though.
We're on the metro.to south.shields. full of happy Geordies. Need the ale to drown our sorrows ha

That second was nothing to do with size, it was just bad goalkeeping full stop, that ball gets tipped over the bar if he can't catch it, it was schoolboy stuff but he has form for palming it back into the danger area and he's costing us.

@davek the problem is mate you love the manager that much your getting too much in a rage over 1 player out of 11.

Its the same with Martinez amd Baines.

Pickford has been poor this season but for every cock up he's also made big saves which other keepers may well have let in.

The buck stops with the manager. Do you think Utd fans are arsed about Sanchez and Lukaku playing like drunks under Jose now they are flying under Ole Gunnar?

We have to move forward and that means parting ways with the current clown. Plenty of managers out there that play the football you like but can also actually drill/lead a team.

We havnt got any players with any bottle so no chance of one of them having a go at him. No leaders aka Peter Reid in the team
Coleman?

We seriously need a decent backup goalie. I miss Robles. He wasn't great but we need to rotate keepers and Stekelenburg doesn't cut it. Pickford needs to learn he's not invincible.

Ha. Suppose it does.
  • could be coming for crosses
  • could be rushing out like a loon
Sadly I meant leaving us anytime soon. Who would come in for him? He’s another one I’ve added to my list that can go though. Just no idea where.
Early on we at least saw promise from him. Now that people can’t lay the blame on Jags and Trashley Williams anymore, his shortcomings are highlighted pretty clearly.

I DO think that Anfield result ruined him for life though and he’d probably be more composed if it never happened. It is obviously affecting him and his decision making.

He had the best rugby tackle in the match.

The 2nd goal was all on him. Schoolboy stuff. Almiron hit a cracker from about 30 yards. Easy peasy tip it over the bar. Nope not our Jordan...he palmed it straight into the danger zone and paid for it.

I've only seen a brief clip of the foul mate but it looked shockingly bad

No defender can want him behind them. I'm amazed no player has dealt with him. If it were me I'd have pummelled him into the ground.
If you were Bernard, Digne or even DCL and you’ve done your job in the game and you’ve done it well you’d say something wouldn’t you? Jagielka should be into him as well (not that he will be).

Status
Not open for further replies.