2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with his contribution so far?

Waves a Wolves equaliser into the net and sets up a golden opportunity for Ings yesterday with a terrible save that underlined he isn't focussing on the ball, then he trys to break the ribs of Ings and conspire to put us down to 10 men.

This feller is out of control.
I'm just doing my best to be happy that, after 2 games, we are not an utter embarrassment. I'm enjoying that moment of satisfaction, and wallowing in a little bit of footballing pleasure. It's been a while, a very long while.

Sure, we don't gave perfection, but then neither do Barcelona or Citteh. Perfection doesn't exist in football, and if it did then it would be a far less interesting pastime.

Breathe in, breathe in the air and enjoy the moment to be alive.

...runnng out=side his box against Wolves and then arguing with his captain about doing it. There are definite signs there that he's thinking of himself as a big fish in a small pond. For me he's not that good. He needs to get his head down and work at concentrating for 90 minutes.

I thought you'd be a fan of our players arguing with Captain Jags :)

Inappropriate Language
Anyone else see the three deep gashes on Ings’ back?

The recovery save was unreal.
No, they were just his [Poor language removed] tattoos I think. Personally I thought that was great making and Mason handled it brilliantly. He only went for the ball and got in cleanly.

Ings is a wuss, he didn't want it as much, that's all it was. It's a contact sport and of course players are going to be caught by follow throughs etc the only reason some can say its reckless is because the British refs keep getting things like that so wrong.

I can see what davek is getting at, just hope Pickford's attitude doesn't get out of hand. He could have easily cleared that through ball without making contact with Ings, looked very deliberate to me. Risky, lucky no retrospective action.

I can see what davek is getting at, just hope Pickford's attitude doesn't get out of hand. He could have easily cleared that through ball without making contact with Ings, looked very deliberate to me. Risky, lucky no retrospective action.
I think in the heat of the moment, in a fast paced premier league game, it’s only natural to want to impale Danny Ings.

According to Ian Wright it was excessive force! How does Pickford pull his foot back there? He comes out to kick it away. No way can he drag is foot back when he's volleying it up the pitch. Jags was overstreching to atone for a poor touch. Pickford was clearing his lines which needs a big boot. It was unfortunate his boot got caught in Ings shirt and left something on him. Like others, I'm confused by the furore.

Status
Not open for further replies.