2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a game of opinions but I honestly don't understand how any Evertonian couldn't rate Pickford

He's been excellent for us and has had a great World Cup too

Yeah, he my not be an elite keeper yet, but an elite keeper would never sign for us in our current position anyway

There isn't a single better option to him that we could sign in my eyes. We'd only get someone worse if he left and people must realise that, so why are they so eager to get him out of the door?

Is it residual hate for Koeman or something? Jordan can't help who signed him ffs

Our best option is to stick with him and aid his devolopment because he's every chance of improving

Pickford in my opinion is the player in our team that doesn’t need selling. Keep him and we will be sound replace him and the next keeper will need to cost through the nose

As said on another thread my source in Burnley says they are fixing a £50m fee for Pope to ward off buyers. Would the anti-Pickford brigade pay £50m for Pope?

As said on another thread my source in Burnley says they are fixing a £50m fee for Pope to ward off buyers. Would the anti-Pickford brigade pay £50m for Pope?
They wouldn't even get 30m for Pope, decent keeper but Pickford is on another level again, which is why Southgate choose him and not Pope

I know it's a game of opinions but I honestly don't understand how any Evertonian couldn't rate Pickford

He's been excellent for us and has had a great World Cup too

Yeah, he my not be an elite keeper yet, but an elite keeper would never sign for us in our current position anyway

There isn't a single better option to him that we could sign in my eyes. We'd only get someone worse if he left and people must realise that, so why are they so eager to get him out of the door?

Is it residual hate for Koeman or something? Jordan can't help who signed him ffs

Our best option is to stick with him and aid his devolopment because he's every chance of improving

Yeah, it’s this.

Honestly don’t know anyone at the game or elsewhere IRL who doesn’t rate him highly and see him as one of our best players.

Only criticism I see of him is in here. Combination of wummery and not wanting to be proven wrong.

The joy of the internets.

He's not just a great keeper, he's also a worldwide superstar after the WC (the only one we have) surely that's worth more than the few extra million we'd get for him.
People wanting Pickford sold, some still wanting us to build around Klassen. No wonder we're stuck in the old Everton mentality.

He's not just a great keeper, he's also a worldwide superstar after the WC (the only one we have) surely that's worth more than the few extra million we'd get for him.
People wanting Pickford sold, some still wanting us to build around Klassen. No wonder we're stuck in the old Everton mentality.
The other thing that makes him so important to us is he apparently has a big popular presence in the dressing room.
He should be made the captain while he has earnt respect

If not Pope we could go for McCarthy who did well at S'ton stepping in; Cech if he wants to leave for a new challenge with Leno arriving; Schmeichel looks on the move; abroad we could look at Timo Horn and Yann Sommer in the Bundesliga.

There's always GKs to be had.

Dave they are all grandads compared to Pickford.lol

sky say chelsea want pickford lol,Their reporter says ‘no formal offer has been made and there has been no contact between the clubs or comments from either. very predictable made up story that's took long enough from sky,we need another keeper probably with pickford,not sell pickford and need 2

Status
Not open for further replies.