2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its the team, but according to whoscored, Alisson has a pass accuracy of 78.9% last season, which is good for everyone except central midfielders.
Meanwhile Pickford's pass accuracy was only 44.5%, or in other words, he loses possession of the ball 17 times every game due to a misplaced pass. I guess only goalkeepers can get a free pass on this nowadays.

For comparison, Karius' was 67.2%.

Maybe its the team, but according to whoscored, Alisson has a pass accuracy of 78.9% last season, which is good for everyone except central midfielders.
Meanwhile Pickford's pass accuracy was only 44.5%, or in other words, he loses possession of the ball 17 times every game due to a misplaced pass. I guess only goalkeepers can get a free pass on this nowadays.

For comparison, Karius' was 67.2%.
One of the biggest myths about Pickford is the distribution, he will ping a nice pass now and again but more often than not he can rush it and end up hoofing it to no one or kicking it too long or out of play

One of the biggest myths about Pickford is the distribution, he will ping a nice pass now and again but more often than not he can rush it and end up hoofing it to no one or kicking it too long or out of play

Surely that’s symptomatic from playing for teams like Preston, Sunderland, under Allardyce and his non-league days?

He’s never really played in a team that plays out from the back. Let’s see if it improves this season before saying everything Everton related is a myth (except Baines).

Surely that’s symptomatic from playing for teams like Preston, Sunderland, under Allardyce and his non-league days?

He’s never really played in a team that plays out from the back. Let’s see if it improves this season before saying everything Everton related is a myth (except Baines).
Gomes was 55.9%, which is somewhere near the mean value.

Also, in the World Cup, Pickford completed 66.4% of his passes, which is much better than at the club, with a similar # of passes per game & completed long passes per game. I guess having 3 center backs, 2 of which are good on the ball, means he can play the ball to them instead of hoofing.

Mate of mine was at Everton one the other day and wanted to buy the goalkeeper top with Pickford printed on the back for his lad and the staff said they're not printing his name on tops at the moment...

He certainly needs to take some purchase off his kicks.

I cant believe we compare goalies passing stats these days anyway. Goal kicks and that are pure luck. You can put a ball in a general vicinity but a lot will depend on what players are in that area by the time the ball gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.