2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really impressed me. He is not a bad player just not good enough to be a top half table right back. If Seamus plays well I'm happy to keep kenny as back up for this season. In long run I Would prefer someone who will challenge Seamus for that spot at least

Walcott isn’t making anyone around him look good, but Kenny just doesn’t look like he’s going to offer much to the team. Does okay in bursts and seems solid defensively, but that ends up being a marginal improvement on Coleman at best.

If James is going to be playing a lot in that RW position that tucks in, it would be a massive shame to not have a dynamic right back who attacks and gets forward relentlessly. Kenny clearly isn’t that. Think after CB cover this needs to be a priority.

Walcott isn’t making anyone around him look good, but Kenny just doesn’t look like he’s going to offer much to the team. Does okay in bursts and seems solid defensively, but that ends up being a marginal improvement on Coleman at best.

If James is going to be playing a lot in that RW position that tucks in, it would be a massive shame to not have a dynamic right back who attacks and gets forward relentlessly. Kenny clearly isn’t that. Think after CB cover this needs to be a priority.
Yes. Kenny did ok, but there was a massive contrast between our right and left backs in terms of overall contribution. There'll be those who say it's because Gordon was offering a better outlet on the left, but I'm not buying it. If we think we need someone who can replace Coleman, then Kenny isn't that person for me.

He really isn't the answer to our right back problem.

Time to move him on.

Yep played it well too safe tonight.

Can see he doesn't have the ability to be a top 8 player.

Hopefully someone like Fulham panics and takes him for a decent fee that we can reinvest in a Digne on the right hand side.

As someone else pointed out, to get the best out of J-rod he needs a speedy overlapping winger who can:

A) go past opponents

B) can cross the ball

JJk doesn't have these two assets in his locker. Seamus doesn't have the second asset. Lamptey at Brighton offers these qualities in spades. I'd make someone like him a priority signing.

I watched jjk closely tonight. He had a few opportunities to cross the ball and bottled all of them. in space and With plenty of time, he either played the ball back or inside but hadn't the nuts to whip one in. If he can't do it against Salford he ain't gonna do it in the premier league. That match tonight showed up a lot of our weaknesses concerning certain individuals, Kenny being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.