2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he is in his correct status which is back up RB the problem is Coleman isn't good enough to be first choice any more so its a toss of coin who you keep but a first choice RB must be a priority along with a left footed CB. We seem to have sorted the attack and midfield out it will be a shame if a dodgy defence undermines it all.
I agree except I don't mind if the CB is left or right footed so long as he is quick and powerful

Not going to start writing Jonjoe Kenny off after a couple of competent enough performances for us. I want the lad to at least be given until this time next year, then see how things are with him.

To be fair to Kenny you do need players like him in the squad. A lot of people used to stick the knife in on Duffy but he was invaluable at times when he filled in before we sold him. You’d hope somebody overpays for Kenny, but he is a good squad player. Not a terrible option.

I agree except I don't mind if the CB is left or right footed so long as he is quick and powerful

Left footed for balance. All the other 3 prefer right side and because Holgate is most adaptable he gets pushed onto the left. Its not the end of the world if he isn't but these 2 positions are an absolute must.

Is not as good as Seamus going forward or defending and Seamus is near finished. Two opportunities since loan in Germany and he looked bang average against The Salford Globetrotters and Fleetwood Mac.. it would be nailbiting if we have to start him against any quality in PL, for example Zaha this wknd. He would get ragdolled physically in prem nevermind his lack of defensive nous.
Not good enough if called upon for any run of games. RB a massive priority between now and deadline day.

Coleman and Digne have been very good in the premier league.

We then see Kenny start the two cup games with the new 19 year old Left back getting motm in both matches.

Hes miles behind. We really need to replace him.

I'd keep him as a sqaud player, look to replace Seamus when he can't do it anymore.

Unless someone outs in a high offer for him

I'd keep him as a sqaud player, look to replace Seamus when he can't do it anymore.

Unless someone outs in a high offer for him
Yes, but 'squad player' doesn't have a precise definition. Standing in for the occasional half hour and odd game when Coleman is out would be fine, but I wouldn't want to play Kenny for 6 or 8 games if Coleman had a lengthy injury. With Coleman not being at his youngest, a longer injury, or even loss of form, is a real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.