Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. But that doesn't mean we should discard him. Next year Seamus will be another year older. Sidibe will go back to his club, assuming we don't pick up the £12m option. If Kenny can perform at that level that is enough for next season at least. He isn't going to be the diff between us making Europe or not. The gap is much bigger than that, and as others have said we have more pressing needs. Keep him for next year, see how he does and then we can get someone in the year after if needed.

And basically what @catcherintherye said ;)
I think we need to improve in almost every position. That's not easy to do.. him or Seamas as back up would be fine. But we need a new right back I think

I don't think Kenny is outstanding. I've never felt that. However Holgate wasn't outstanding yet the loan move really kicked him on. As a younger player you learn as much from tough games as you do good games. That Todibo today also looked miles off it.

The cards just seem to fit into place for Kenny. He's played 30+ senior games with Schalke, had over 20 with us. I always like to see a young player get to 50 senior games. If he can do that, then he has half a chance. I think he's quite fortunate, but Ancelotti seems to want a system where he has fullbacks who can defend, Kenny can do that. he's just turned 23, so is a good age. He also knows the club well so there isn't the same risk bringing a new player in. There are other areas of the pitch that need remedying too, and I think he is quite dependable.

I am not a big Kenny fan either, but sometimes in football you get lucky as a player where it all falls together for you. I much prefer Kyle John, who just looks a more clear example of a modern fullback. I've never felt Kenny was fast enough. But I do think, he will be ok, and won't read too much into today.
He can defend ? Did you see him playing the forward on for the 4th?

Im not his biggest fan, but hard to judge him today, his whole team didnt turn up and it was a terrible showing against a very, very good side.
And in the strangest of circumstances too.

This is what I'm worried about if our league comes back, essentially exhibition games with high scorelines. Teams like City don't really need fitness as such, they could play tomorrow and probably take apart most sides.

trent alexander-arnold
kyle walker
ricardo pereira
reece james
aaron wan-bissaka
hector bellerin
matt doherty
serge aurier
coleman
sidibe
jonjoe kenny
:bye:

On the evidence of today he is nowhere near good enough to play for Everton in the Prem, however that is a very small sample.
No mate. I could have told you before he went out on loan he wasn't good enough. Listen the lad will make alot of money from being badly average,and good luck to him,he seems like a decent fella. Genuinely wish him all the best as a fellow Blue but he lightyears away from where we want to be.

No mate. I could have told you before he went out on loan he wasn't good enough. Listen the lad will make alot of money from being badly average,and good luck to him,he seems like a decent fella. Genuinely wish him all the best as a fellow Blue but he lightyears away from where we want to be.

Average is a better option as backup than Sidibe or Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.