Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
....logic suggests to me that he’s surplus to requirements at Everton.

Silva/Brands made it clear that a new RB was a key requirement, yet they send this lad out and bring Sidebe in with an option to buy. If they rated Kenny highly, he wouldn’t be elsewhere when we have a void in that position.

The other factor is I wouldn’t be certain the player would want to come back. He’s a regular starter, seems to have settled into a new life abroad and might not want to swap for a back-up role here.

We have a new Manager, so thinking might change but I’d be very surprised if he ever comes back, especially if Schalke want him to stay.
Sidibe is 31 years old...... I feel we have more deadbeats than John Joe Kenny ro get rid off,and we have two aging fullbacks at right back......
Holgate how many wanted to get rid of him pre season?

....logic suggests to me that he’s surplus to requirements at Everton.

Silva/Brands made it clear that a new RB was a key requirement, yet they send this lad out and bring Sidebe in with an option to buy. If they rated Kenny highly, he wouldn’t be elsewhere when we have a void in that position.

The other factor is I wouldn’t be certain the player would want to come back. He’s a regular starter, seems to have settled into a new life abroad and might not want to swap for a back-up role here.

We have a new Manager, so thinking might change but I’d be very surprised if he ever comes back, especially if Schalke want him to stay.
Not logical at all. If he were 'surplus to requirements' his loan would have included an option or obligation to buy. What his loan does, logically, suggest is that whilst he was deemed not ready at the time to replace Coleman (who let's not forget has been fantastic for us in the past), it was worth sending him on loan for a year so that he could play week in/week out, in one of the best leagues in Europe, and see how he performed there. Then they could make a more informed decision at the end of the season as to whether he was good enough (or likely to be) to replace Coleman in the first 11.

As for settling in to a new life abroad, that's pure speculation, and whilst he may indeed be enjoying his time there, that doesn't mean he wouldn't want to come back home, to his childhood club, even if it was to be a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.