2019/20 Jonas Lossl

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he can catch crosses get him in

when he played for us in pre-season, this is what impressed me about him. Pickford is clearly the better keeper, but his form this season means he just had to be dropped. Our problems are massive everywhere, but Silva may have saved his job if he dropped him in the middle of our horrific run, we were playing badly, but his mistakes and panic were turning those poor performances into losses. He's played non-stop for about 3 seasons now, and most of that time has been picking balls out of the net, he just needs a break to clear his head and come back in in a couple of months.

when he played for us in pre-season, this is what impressed me about him. Pickford is clearly the better keeper, but his form this season means he just had to be dropped. Our problems are massive everywhere, but Silva may have saved his job if he dropped him in the middle of our horrific run, we were playing badly, but his mistakes and panic were turning those poor performances into losses. He's played non-stop for about 3 seasons now, and most of that time has been picking balls out of the net, he just needs a break to clear his head and come back in in a couple of months.
Is he though?

I was disappointed when we signed Lossl because as poor as Huddersfield were he gifted opposition teams goals with his mistakes.

Pickford could do with dropping as a wake up call (whether he would take it on board or not is another thing) but most sides nowadays have back up 'keepers who really aren't competition for a starting place. Which is just odd.

I wouldn't be confident with either of our back up goalkeepers in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.