Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the reason I'm thinking about this is, wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of the City management to send a young, talented striker to one of our nearest rivals in the race for a top six/four place, on loan of all things? I mean, what if Jo scored the goal that put Everton in the Champions League at the expense of City?

Yeah, that would be almost as stupid as planning to use a player as a bargaining chip, and then sending him to Everton before you've agreed a deal for Lescott.

take your money elsewhere i say.

Lescott is vital to us and are quest for a top 4 finish. And if Lescott has any sense he would stay on his 40k a week contract and have another solid season then board the plane to South Africa, If he stays at Everton he's guarenteed to go the World Cup, goes to City he's not Guranteed a place in the Starting XI never mind the England Squad.

If City are offering us £15m now then he must be worth at least £20m to them as they are clearly aware we don't want to sell and are very unlikely to accept this first bid. As RJ notes above we are going to have to replace him with someone before August or look to use Rodwell as a CB. Moyes may know whether this is an option or he may have his eye on a cheaper replacement, but either way, as we know from the 'two Kyles deal', nothing is certain. Whatever happens, I suspect that this deal will go through, for £20m or perhaps even more, but I have no doubt that it weaken us as a team and help stall the progress made under Moyes. Now that we have a competitive squad with some really good players in it and with only modest money available, for transfers and wages, bigger clubs are inevitably going to come along and poach our best players. I am amazed it hasn't happened yet with Jags, arteta or Cahill and the sad thing is, that if Jolo does go thgere's even more chance of them being tempted in the near future

Rodwell is obviously talented and a bright prospect for the future, did a fantastic job plugging the gaps in midfield last season. However, at 18 and still growing I can't believe we would want to use him as a regular CB. Lescott must stay, I doubt if we will find anyone else of his proven experience and ability in this transfer window.

yes of course loaning us jo is a shrewd way to oil a wheel.. and surprise, surprise.. it now looks as if its beginning to turn..

20mill + richards would i'd imagine 'test the resolve' :dodgy:

yes of course loaning us jo is a shrewd way to oil a wheel.. and surprise, surprise.. it now looks as if its beginning to turn..

20mill + richards would i'd imagine 'test the resolve' :dodgy:
Then I hope we use that oiled wheel to drive away from them.

If makes little sense that the Jo loan was part of a grander scheme for Lescott. Citeh could lodge a bid regardless of Moyes' intention not to sell. Jo was comfortable here last season and there was obviously a mutual attraction so why not let him return if there is not a chance of Jo coming to Everton permanently. If Jo plays well, Citeh will certainly want more than Everton would pay so Jo either returns to Citeh or is off somewhere else next summer where Citeh hopes to recoup more of the 18 million they paid for him.

By all accounts, Citeh is lodging bids for all worthwhile players - who honestly expected Citeh to chase Terry around? Lescott is low hanging fruit for the big pockets - Everton need the money.

It's on Lescott - his silence speaks volumes....

That is the view I have been pounding the keys for. The trouble is now a bid has been made Lescott will be thinking of pay packets.

I thought this would happen when the Terry deal collapsed. If Citeh are willing to pay 30 mill+ for Terry then they can give us that money for JL. To me he is worth as much as Terry. International, scores goals, younger than Terry. Need one say more.

Hows about that lads? As good as Lescott is, i gotta admit a possible £15-20 mill plus maybe Richards isnt a bad deal.

I'm thinking January might be when Joleon says adios as we'll have Jags back by then (hopefully). I have a terrible sense of inevitability about this. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm thinking January might be when Joleon says adios as we'll have Jags back by then (hopefully). I have a terrible sense of inevitability about this. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm inclined to agree. Might not be all bad though - maybe by then some of our other oft-mentioned targets will have waffled on their "no sell" stance by then and the Lescott money could finally get Mout or Defour.

Status
Not open for further replies.