Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact rumour is:

"My mate has just picked up his Lounge season ticket up from Goodison and spotted Micah Richards with Leon Osman. The rumour is £15m + Richards + Jo on loan for the season in exchange for Lescott."

He's got ******* good eyesight, Osman's in Scotland.

Or, he made it up. You decide.

Funny how Osman is in two places at the same time... Why can't he pull that off on the pitch?

But isn't Moyes doing precisely that when he comes out with statements that he cannot maintain should a suitable offer be presented to him? It happened with AJ last season, and now it appears to be happening with Lescott. Moyes does the whole "I'm the people's man" thing very well, but he's not expert at it, which is why I don't trust him when he makes blanket statements about any player at the club.

Absolutely right. I hate those definitive statements he makes too. That's why this time I hope he actually has the gumption to realise he's undermined his own position in the past by saying one thing and doing the opposite and that he keeps his nerve in standing up to the player involved and the board. I agree with you, ultimately Moyes isn't a 'hard man' - someone who knows his own mind and stubbornly refuses to give way - he's been a pliable puppet in the past. I love the way Moyes has gotten a grip of the playing side of the club and injected discipline and a work ethic that's the envy of the Premier League; I have no respect whatsoever the way he's caved in and done the board's bidding in the past. Let's hope this summer the worm turns.

Last edited:
Gutted if he goes if i am honest.

The rumour is a bit vaugue, i wouldnt fancy two players on loan for the season to go back to City if they prove valuable, self defeating.

Sorry just dont see the value in that for Everton in the long term.

Didnt City give Richards a massive contract a few years ago on something ridiculous like, 55k or 60k. Shouldnt he be on hols after the U21 as well.

Last edited:
Mate, that's like a £30m+ deal.

A conservative estimate on Richards' value is £6, and £8m on Jo. A more liberal estimate is £8m on Richards and £10m on Jo.

Why would City go for that? They could sell Richards tomorrow for the £6m, and I'm pretty sure Jo wouldn't be around for long if they said he was available for £8m. That would be £14m cash they could put to the deal. It would only take another £5m and I'm sure Moyes would drive Lescott to Eastlands himself.

Why do people think Lescott is worth £30m?

He's not but the operating factor here is that we don't have to sell.

When you have to sell, you're generally going to get a discount for your player. When you don't, you can charge a premium.

I personally would try for the Richards and 15M + Jo on loan. Start high and work your way down. But if we start at Richards and 10M + Jo on loan, we won't be able to work our way up from there.

I agree, Lescott isn't worth 30M but I'd try to get as close to that as possible if they have to have him.

BORED BORED BORED

Feckin hard to make it into the England World Cup squad if not playing at least in Europe, and we all know Lescott craves that England jersey, whether it be Ja Ja Binks(Ferdinand) or Flimsy back(Terry).

(Unlucky Barry, but I think he accepts his days are numbered, which is why he joined Manc City).

I do not just hope, I also believe that Lescott will not be swayed by the ching ching. Yes, He will leave us sooner rather than later, but would he really leave for a team that has not cut the mustard yet, as opposed to a team that is cutting the mustard with ethic, with aplomb, with a hint of style and a comaradery that he is made to feel at home with.

Wake up folks. Look at the history of Joleon from childhood. Not quite a material guy. Give the lad some credit. Or are we still always doing the fecking doom and gloom approach to giving our support.

Lescott is ours, He Admires and respects Moyes for the opportunity and the only way he will leave is if he personally chooses to. He will never be sold.

Not going. If he does go, I will forever keep quiet (ISH)

But, for now, not going not going not going.

BORED BORED BORED

Last edited by a moderator:

We are skint, the board is useless. Lescott will be sold.

Get a big feckin huge solid grip on yourself MG.

This is not the mindset. Trust me. Be a bit more positive,. We have complained the same [Poor language removed] year after year, and yet still are moving upwards and onwards.

I only say this as a friend.

"PULL ONES HEAD OUT OF ONES HOOP AND LIFT ONES CHIN, BE PROUD"

Pretty much the main argument against selling, imo.

Still, when all's said and done and the rumour mongers and hack local cubscout reporters have been put to one side, last word on the issue from our manager is that none of our players are for sale. We're in the business of adding to our core playing staff not diluting it. That'll do for me.

Where my heart, mind, and future lies.

Thanks Dave

But isn't Moyes doing precisely that when he comes out with statements that he cannot maintain should a suitable offer be presented to him? It happened with AJ last season, and now it appears to be happening with Lescott. Moyes does the whole "I'm the people's man" thing very well, but he's not expert at it, which is why I don't trust him when he makes blanket statements about any player at the club.

Massive Massive difference Nebb. Love ya to bits mate, but you are way into the outfield.

AJ could not cut it when the request to step up came along. Lescott made that step, and then carried on climbing.

AJ was an addition to EFC that was already here.

Lescott is now a foundation for the EFC that is coming.

You really have to look at it in that respect. Think about it (I honestly believe that The Gaffer is seeing it that way also).

Get a big feckin huge solid grip on yourself MG.

This is not the mindset. Trust me. Be a bit more positive,. We have complained the same [Poor language removed] year after year, and yet still are moving upwards and onwards.

I only say this as a friend.

"PULL ONES HEAD OUT OF ONES HOOP AND LIFT ONES CHIN, BE PROUD"

Im loving your postivity. But its very, very misguided. Your putting your faith in something that ALWAYS lets us down. If your happy with the mediocre board, good on you mate. My eyes are wide open tho.

Im loving your postivity. But its very, very misguided. Your putting your faith in something that ALWAYS lets us down. If your happy with the mediocre board, good on you mate. My eyes are wide open tho.
Just because we have a mediocre board doesn't mean that we're not moving forward and upward.

Yes, we haven't spent so much in transfers if you calculate the net cost between incoming and outgoing players. But we have improved the squad significantly and at least once each summer bought one good, expensive player.

I think we all would love for Moyes to have a larger transferkitty than he normally gets so he can purchase the players he wants. But the board isn't keeping us stagnant, only not being able to give us the huge engine we want on the boat instead they use paddles to move us forth.

Massive Massive difference Nebb. Love ya to bits mate, but you are way into the outfield.

AJ could not cut it when the request to step up came along. Lescott made that step, and then carried on climbing.

AJ was an addition to EFC that was already here.

Lescott is now a foundation for the EFC that is coming.

You really have to look at it in that respect. Think about it (I honestly believe that The Gaffer is seeing it that way also).

Cheers, Gaz, I love you too. lol

Agree with what you say, apart from the bit about me being wrong.

All I meant was, like AJ wasn't for sale, and then he was sold, so I think Lescott will be sold should City offer what Moyes wants.

But, yeah, there is a world of difference between what the two have been able to contribute to Everton.

Jo/Lescott- the ins and outs

Hi everyone, it's only me popping in again for a bit.

So we've sent Jo on a second loan spell to you, and on the other side we're interested in signing Lescott. Is it likely that some kind of agreement will have been struck up between the clubs where Jo goes and we're given a free run at your lad? Forget for a minute that Moyes has dismissed it- when Chelsea came in for SWP we were adamant he was going nowhere and within he couple of days, he was having a medical.

Now the reason I'm thinking about this is, wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of the City management to send a young, talented striker to one of our nearest rivals in the race for a top six/four place, on loan of all things? I mean, what if Jo scored the goal that put Everton in the Champions League at the expense of City?

Needless to say though I'd be delighted if we did manage to get Lescott, he's a cracking defender and God knows we need them more than anything.

PS I went to Gigg Lane last week for the friendly, it's only 15 minutes or so from me so thought why not, a decent enough match. Were any of you there?

All the best,

Col

I highly doubt it. With the amount of forwards that have signed for City, i think it was more of a chance to get a young player more playing time and help develop him. We all know that he would have sat the bench there and probably never gotten a shot at playing time.

Hi everyone, it's only me popping in again for a bit.

So we've sent Jo on a second loan spell to you, and on the other side we're interested in signing Lescott. Is it likely that some kind of agreement will have been struck up between the clubs where Jo goes and we're given a free run at your lad? Forget for a minute that Moyes has dismissed it- when Chelsea came in for SWP we were adamant he was going nowhere and within he couple of days, he was having a medical.

Now the reason I'm thinking about this is, wouldn't it be incredibly stupid of the City management to send a young, talented striker to one of our nearest rivals in the race for a top six/four place, on loan of all things? I mean, what if Jo scored the goal that put Everton in the Champions League at the expense of City?

Needless to say though I'd be delighted if we did manage to get Lescott, he's a cracking defender and God knows we need them more than anything.

PS I went to Gigg Lane last week for the friendly, it's only 15 minutes or so from me so thought why not, a decent enough match. Were any of you there?

All the best,

Col

There is logic in what you're suggesting, but thus far Moyes' rhetoric has been hardline on this to say the least. Time will tell, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.