Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I voted yes, I'm really on the fence with this, though it would be good to have extra money to spend on transfers it means we would be left looking for someone to replace Lescott as well as looking for a left back as back up for Baines, plus it may give city an advanatage when he come to play us next season.

But on the other hand I doubt moyes will let Joleon go without having a replacement lined up and if he does go he'll have real trouble convincing me it wasn't for the money.

How much of the transfer fee (if he is sold) will go into Moyes' transfer kitty? Who would be the best replacement?

Pointless talking of replacements for Lescott.

If he were to leave, we'd need to buy a top class centre back and a quality left back to cover for Baines.

We'd end up having to spend all of the money we'd get for him just on these 2 positions so there's no real benefit for us financially or in a footballing sense (since we'd gain bugger all extra to spend elsewhere)

Unless we sign one of the few other players that are as useful in the 2 positions - Eric Abidal, Gabriel Heinze or Christian Chivu?!...

Last edited:
Wouldn't normally post a rumour from Kipper but...

Everton fc - Transfer Rumours - bluekipper.com - Summer 2009 - 2
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If our spies eye sight is not as bad as we think (the guy in the chippy on Goodison Road), Siteehhhs Micah Richards has today been spotted at Goodison Park. Now if true, this could lead to all kind of money transactions between Everton and the Blue Mooners involving Jo, Roger and Micah all heading off in different directions. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For the record Micah is 21 yrs old, has played for the full England side 11 times and has over 100 top flight appearances for City under his belt. He is predominately a right back, but can play also play at centre half, and if our spy in the chippy is correct he could soon be a Blue, a Royal Blue that is. By the way try his fishcakes, not bad at all. (09/07/09)[/FONT]​

That does make things interesting with the Jo shenanigans - if it goes down with Everton taking on Jo and Richards with Lescott off to Citeh, Moyes better get some transfer loot out of the deal and make one worthwhile signing which would appear to be Defour, Moutinho or Tuncay.

Agreed, nowhere near as bad as people make out.

One bad season - but Lescott had a very [Poor language removed] start to the season so as long as we know he can be good thats all that matters.

Jo + Richards + £10m aint bad...id maybe even drop down to £8m ha

One bad season - but Lescott had a very [Poor language removed] start to the season so as long as we know he can be good thats all that matters.

Jo + Richards + £10m aint bad...id maybe even drop down to £8m ha

Would snap their hands off.

jo+richards+15mil for me

In that there's a direct replacement for Lescott, A young up and coming Striker, and 15 mil for Moutinho or Defour;)

Although I'd rather they left Lescott alone

jo+richards+15mil for me

In that there's a direct replacement for Lescott, A young up and coming Striker, and 15 mil for Moutinho or Defour;)

Although I'd rather they left Lescott alone

Mate, that's like a £30m+ deal.

A conservative estimate on Richards' value is £6, and £8m on Jo. A more liberal estimate is £8m on Richards and £10m on Jo.

Why would City go for that? They could sell Richards tomorrow for the £6m, and I'm pretty sure Jo wouldn't be around for long if they said he was available for £8m. That would be £14m cash they could put to the deal. It would only take another £5m and I'm sure Moyes would drive Lescott to Eastlands himself.

Why do people think Lescott is worth £30m?

Theres a rumour on ToffeeWeb that someone (not the chippy) has spotted richards at goodison

I have a feeling this will happen(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.