John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, an improvement on Keane but for what he'd cost probably not enough of an improvement and with his injury record... I'd pass.

I read someplace that Man City are wanting about £50m for Stones. To be fair I've no idea how good he is now, but the last time I did see him play he looked low on confidence and prone to making silly basic mistakes. We already have one of those centre backs at the club, don't think we need another.

No thanks. Don't get the hype with him, never have. So what he can pass a ball, he's a centre-half. Hipsters can scoff all they want, defenders are supposed to defend first. Even Ashley Williams for the first few months was an upgrade, this lad simply can't do the basics.
I was fully onboard with your argument until you said Williams was an upgrade . Upgrade on what ? I did think his hairstyle did improve the aesthetics of the squad but I'm at a loss on what other thing he improved .
However , I do fully agree that anyone who plays centre back should at the very least be able to put a few tackles in .

I mean, I dont think he has actually improved his game despite where he has been playing the last few years. That speaks volumes tbh

I was fully onboard with your argument until you said Williams was an upgrade . Upgrade on what ? I did think his hairstyle did improve the aesthetics of the squad but I'm at a loss on what other thing he improved .
However , I do fully agree that anyone who plays centre back should at the very least be able to put a few tackles in .

williams was strange.He was awesome for wales that summer. Joined us and looked like another player. Wonder what went wrong there?

I think John Stones may believe that he is better than he actually is.
The incident in the game where he told the fans to cool down after refusing to hoof the ball to safety was something that he has never fully removed from his game. He has never learned that his primary role is to defend rather than be a ball player.
He cost England in the World Cup semi finals and when everybody is fit he is now a back up defender at City.
He has won lots of medals but certainly is not the players we expected him to be.
I am not certain he is a first choice starter for England anymore and this is a player who should probably be at the very peak of his game by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.