John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots rumours flying about that, Everton are trying to buy out, our percentage of your sell on fee but we've said no and it's causing problems.

If every year we sell a player for £40M that we bought for £3M, and buy another one, we will have extra money coming in. That seems like a premium to me. The problem isn't that we sell young players, it's that all the funds are not reinvested, and this late in the window, it will be hard to buy anything reasonable.

Well given that we are 3 weeks into the season and 5 days until transfer deadline day I don't think the deal we are getting for Stones is so good. Around 6 million to Barnsley, and as little as 33 according to some reports leaves us around about the 30 million pound mark we would be receiving. If this had been July that would have been a good price. In a market where Ashley Williams is valued at 25 million I think that would be a pretty ordinary deal for us.

Wish kenwright was more like Levy, spurs have received nearly 60m back on most of the rubbish they bought over the last two seasons,even there fringe players. How come we let our players slip away so cheaply, Rooney a great example. Lescott was probably the best money we have received. We need to stand up and say 50m atleast and refuse to do any business now or ever with CFC. The way they have treated our club is a disgrace, Mourinho,Terry,Cahill and every ex chelsea player who has shouted his gob off about a player who is under contract with us should be punished. They have turned his head, which was there plan from day one. There cowardly arrogrant attitude makes the game stink.

Lots rumours flying about that, Everton are trying to buy out, our percentage of your sell on fee but we've said no and it's causing problems.
Tbf they could just be people pretending to be itk after reading the secret footballer article from a few days back
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...ohn-stones-might-be-a-bargain-buy-by-chelsea/
And the size of this Stones deal makes a little more sense if you’re in possession of a few facts and a little basic football knowledge. Everton will not keep the full fee because Barnsley, Stones’ former club, inserted a 15 per cent sell-on clause when he moved to Goodison Park in 2013. That means that Barnsley will earn an estimated £6 million, give or take, should the sale to Chelsea go through.

Right now, Everton will be hammering Barnsley down on that figure, with negotiations going something like this …“We’ve had a bid from Chelsea. We don’t want to sell but we might sell if we can keep enough of the transfer fee and that means you’re going to have to take five per cent and not 15 per cent. “If you don’t take five per cent, then we’re not selling him. Do you want that £2 million or not? If not, we’re keeping him and you’ll get nothing.” I guarantee you that Barnsley desperately want that £2 million and will tear up the previous agreement alluding to 15 per cent.

Martinez is tactically very good, and he certainly has increased the value of his players throughout his time here. Moyes may have found some diamonds, but Roberto has been keeping players better, and many youngsters have appreciated. Stones wasn't worth 40M last year, and that's partially due to Roberto.
His tactics last year were so good that we didn't even finish top half.

Ask them for at least £40, plus Stones's loyalty bonus on top of that.
2015-08-26-17-11-07-1179922391.jpeg

For those that say this has been delivered by the board..answer me this as I cant get my head round it.

We all agree our board are inept and the operational side of all things Everton awful.

How on gods earth could they then orchestrate this all summer to an absolute tee, incorporating Chelsea, Stones, Martinez etc?

Give them a few hours to think about it, jinky.

They will find a way to make the pieces fit.

Bill Kenwright was Machiavelli in a previous incarnation :cool:

Was told that could potentially write off the sell on due to Stones asking to leave rather than club selling on its own accord.

looks like we will become the best-selling club...is there any trophy for that?

We aren't alone mate, you just have to look at what's happened at Southampton to see that.

It'll be the lad who is flying for Leicester next, who cost them 600k last year. It's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.