John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not acceptable
People shouting for the board to go, really need to grab a hold of themselves. They have turned down 23, 26 and 30 million for a player who is only potential. He isn't our best player, and he isn't going to rock the team by leaving. He makes mistakes and we haven't exactly been keeping millions of clean sheets with him in the squad.

Yes we are not rich, but the board have rejected three offers.

We should now reject them and act like Liverpool? Pretend that a player is one of our own, even if he wants to leave for Chelsea? I don't want a player staying around for a year, having to cheer for him - when he's leaving for Chelsea in the Summer of 2016!!!

Massive profit gained, Stones is happy, Everton can buy three players - no problem.

The fact people will now moan that the board are about to sell a player unhappy at the club, is beyond a joke. They can't do anything right. How about we just let Bill sell up, and end up like Pompey in League 2 and going through the door to oblivion?
Go and find some brain cells before posting again

did berahino turn a request? genuinely curious, not arguing haha

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34044707

Saido Berahino: West Brom reject second Tottenham bid

West Bromwich Albion have rejected a second offer from Tottenham Hotspur for striker Saido Berahino.

Albion turned down an offer for the 22-year-old from Spurs last week, while the player has had a transfer request rejected.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "Our position remains unchanged. The sale of this player is not on our agenda."

Berahino was dropped at the weekend, with boss Tony Pulis saying he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

In the absence of the England Under-21 striker, who scored 20 goals last season, the Baggies were beaten 3-2 - a result which left them bottom of the Premier League table with one point from three games.

he did save us, its known we we on the verge of finacial meltdown. what assets has he sold? dont say the training ground because that was a sh** hole and we have one of the best training facilities there is in the league now. and yes the stadiums where a farce but i dont even know where to begin with that.

Elstone is that you?

Seriously buddy you are picking today and in a stones wanting to leave thread to argue that actually Kenwright is good and all of the rest of us who are sick to death of him and the other waste of spaces on the board are he is are wrong really?

Why? Oh why?

Yes he took over and stabilised the club but that's it. Bumbling after bumbling with this guy, selling assets and players to keep us a float and running in the prem is not really a saving grace. How many bad deals and messes have we witnessed in his time too many. There's a whole blooming thread dedicated to this you know...

If it wasn't for the over inflated price of TV rights we would be skint. The fact is we rely on the sale of a player or two and well Sky and NBC money to stay a float while other clubs surpass us day by day.

Look at all of these rich guys coming out everyday buying clubs like its a free for all and we are stuck with a "steady" ship but bless him he has done a good job right? FFS!!

We can't keep caving in to players demands.

Make him stay, make him squirm, make him apologise and hold him to the 4 years left in his deal.
He's hardly gonna play crap with Euro 2016 on the horizon.

Don't get me wrong mate I agree. The money just doesn't arse me because we never do sod all with it anyway. I would rather make him look like an absolute weapon and stick him with the under 18's and say "yeah football wise your head and shoulders above these kids but mentally your at the same level by acting the big man so you can train and play with these for a few months".

We aren't here to assist his England career, he's here to assist us and god forbid attempt to try and win us a bloody trophy, something these players seem to struggle with grasping when they decide they want to do one.

Lastly, wouldn't trust this board with a tenner let alone 30-40m and then when we spend 25 of that they put the usual spin that we've spent every single penny available.

Stones can stay and rot but I want 3 players in and one of a decent standard so that we have actually spent money this summer

I'll reserve my judgment on the situation at the end of the transfer window.

It is a fantastic bit of business for the club, that is undeniable. I just wish we'd seen him have a full good season for us.

Massive profit gained, Stones is happy, Everton can buy three players - no problem.

The buying of the three (or hopefully more, and good) players will be the crux of the matter.

If they do, then there shouldn't be any complaints.

If they don't then you can't be surprised if there is massive resentment amongst some fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34044707

Saido Berahino: West Brom reject second Tottenham bid

West Bromwich Albion have rejected a second offer from Tottenham Hotspur for striker Saido Berahino.

Albion turned down an offer for the 22-year-old from Spurs last week, while the player has had a transfer request rejected.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "Our position remains unchanged. The sale of this player is not on our agenda."

Berahino was dropped at the weekend, with boss Tony Pulis saying he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

In the absence of the England Under-21 striker, who scored 20 goals last season, the Baggies were beaten 3-2 - a result which left them bottom of the Premier League table with one point from three games.
cheers. only saw the headlines about a bid being rejected but never read on further

But it is well known that Lescott pushed repeatedly for a move and his performances at the time were not good. Stones was great against City. Rodwell was sold on the 12th of August so hardly that late. That means you've got Rooney, Fellaini, and Arteta. Three players in ten years is hardly proof of a big conspiracy.

We sell players to clubs who are considerably better than us. That's just football.
Add in the fact that Fellaini didn't really seem central to Martinez' plans when he left, and that we kept Arteta for a season longer than everyone thought we would.

Simple. Make them pay no less than 35m. He's under contract so they have all the leverage.
35m is your minimum. Are you insane.

Now he has handed in the request and is under contract for years with Everton, we hold all the cards here and can carry on rejecting whatever we please until we are satisfied with the compensation. I said 4 weeks ago i suspect he would go for 35m but having thought more about it, we as a club must not buckle at the knee's and fall onto Chelsea's waiting boner.

For me its got to be between 45 and 50 million. If you want him, show us the money.

People shouting for the board to go, really need to grab a hold of themselves. They have turned down 23, 26 and 30 million for a player who is only potential. He isn't our best player, and he isn't going to rock the team by leaving. He makes mistakes and we haven't exactly been keeping millions of clean sheets with him in the squad.

Yes we are not rich, but the board have rejected three offers.

We should now reject them and act like Liverpool? Pretend that a player is one of our own, even if he wants to leave for Chelsea? I don't want a player staying around for a year, having to cheer for him - when he's leaving for Chelsea in the Summer of 2016!!!

The fact people will now moan that the board are about to sell a player unhappy at the club, is beyond a joke. They can't do anything right. How about we just let Bill sell up, and end up like Pompey in League 2 and going through the door to oblivion?

There comes a point though were you have to say enough is enough, why should we let Stones and Chelsea take the piss out of us, Chelsea have been underhand all the way through this, and at the end of the day we gave Stones his chance and after one good season, and the first sniff of a supposedly top team wanting him, he wants away.

Considering the state of our attacking targets, I'm guessing Victor Moses will be part of any deal should Everton agree to sell Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.