John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look lads this isn't going to end well.

Let's not resort to Kopite levels of hatred and shirt burning now, eh?

The lad is extremely talented and wants to better his career. We would be the same in reality - money, Champions League and the prospect of trophies talks.

All very true mate.

This has just made Martinez and Everton FC look a little bit silly, as after this nothing the club or manager say will hold weight to any of our fans.

Two possibilities; either he's been told by Everton that 'we're not selling you unless you hand in a request' saves on loyalty bonus etc.
or
The club have knocked back his request and he's gone to the media.

So the real question is, who has gone to the media with this? Stones' people (trying to force Everton's hand) or Everton, trying to make it look that way. The answer to that may lie in who broke the story?

I'm not even angry with Chelsea.

They've seen a player they want and bid for him a few times. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm angry at Everton.

i don't get the hatred either. they want a player and have put in a lot of respectable bids. the first one we saw as disrespectful, but i bet many chelsea fans would have thought "why the hell are we offering £20m for him, i've hardly heard of him". simple fact really, we watch him every game, nobody else does, they don't realise just how good he is. they've had bids rejected and counteracted with larger bids. that's how negotiations work.

the only bit that's partly annoying is they said end of negotiations after we said he's not for sale, and yet they still came back with £30m reportedly.

We could always stand up to this and refuse to sell.

He's under contract, we should act hard.
no point , we would have an unhappy player , no money and still have a rubbish defence that cant defend a ball in the air , or a through ball, we let in more than we scored last year.
If he wants out well good luck i don't blame him he gets more money and can actually win things( god it seems so long a go since i thought that about us) we need to move on and try and improve its not the end of the world

No surprise here. He is not for sale say the club, but because he hands in a transfer request he will now be sold and the board will say they will not want an unhappy player in the team. I really hate everything that happens behind the scenes at Goodison.

He's a great passer of the ball but has lots of work on his defending to be at the top. Anywhere above 30m is good enough for me.
A fortnight ago I'd have said the same. But this still isnt sorted and we have 6 days left to get bodies in.

Status
Not open for further replies.