John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez didn't underperform his final year.

I'd refuse to sell him. He has to perform to be selected for the Euros. A good Euros could see the fee rise either way.

4 years. No need to sell, regardless of what he wants. If he wanted to leave he shouldn't have signed that contract.

great point about the euros. i'm not overly concerned, i never thought he'd spend his whole career here, he's too good. i've always thought he'd spend at least 1 more year here. Unless we have not already spend a while looking at possible replacements, we can't sell now. It's simply too late, if he sulks on the pitch like lescott then so be it. why do we have to pay him his wages if he's not doing his job? he can't afford to do that with the euros so close though.

january should be the earliest we sell if we haven't scouted a replacement (something i doubt we've done). we'll get a massive fee and have the opportunity to improve in the long term - i won't get overly upset about it - just gutted it's come this late.

Bloody hell, some off you lot are crying At your keyboard ain't you ? Now you know how we felt when it happened to us, I'm absolutely gutted he's going Chelsea never thought he would still can't believe he is now, on the bright side we might be able to sign a couple of new players before window closes.

wouldn't be too happy about this at the moment mate. he'll be worth about £15m-£20m more within 2 years and your club will get a lot more sell on - the only sell on you'll get from him which must be stated. Nothing's been said about him going to chelsea either.

A major difference trying to replace a world class striker than an up and coming centre back. £40m for £2m investment is good business as far as I'm concerned only as long as the money goes into the fund.

This is no fault of Everton; the player as forced the issue, once they do that they're out the door imo.

If Stones thinks, or his advisors, think, he can do better on Chelsea's bench than he is now playing, then that is his choice, so off he goes pronto and we get a huge fee for him. He is a player and not bigger than the club. He might never become the player we think he can be, it is all based on potential that's all. We simply don't know. But we would be getting a lot of that potential built into our price now regardless of whether he delivers or not.

Still gutted mind, and really upset by his timing. We have little chance of getting decent players now at reasonable prices.

We could always stand up to this and refuse to sell.

He's under contract, we should act hard.

it has to be the way. act as if the transfer request doesn't mean anything. is he really going to not try on the pitch with the euros around the corner? he'll really jepordise a possible starting berth for england because he has to wait a few months before getting his move? that wouldn't benefit anyone. get your head down like suarez did and do your job.

Jack Rodwell all over again, gets new squad number and sold in the same window.
Sorry mate, but thats nonsense, Rodwell wasnt even an Everton started never mind a Man City one, he was purchased to get their English quota up and that alone, Stone may also be being purchased due to his nationality but he is also Brilliant and this is very much a sad day for Evertonians the world over and the reason for that is that Stones is a real thing, we see him week in week out, its great to say a player of his talent/potential plays for us. The money is nothing, it will quickly diveded into 2 half of which will never be seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.