John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have some kid like Browning in the side than a tit who thinks he's outgrown this club after only playing about 50 games for us.

Flog him for 50m by all means, money means absolutely nothing to me because u and I both know how this board play things out and will spin it like we've spent money. This is more to do about principle and stopping cheeky little scruffs thinking they've had their worth of Everton and now it's time to move on.

We can't keep caving in to players demands.

Make him stay, make him squirm, make him apologise and hold him to the 4 years left in his deal.
He's hardly gonna play crap with Euro 2016 on the horizon.

It seems like some people didn't want to believe that a player who has been here all of a couple years would not want to go to a club that just won the league at 3-4X what he's making now.

I don't even know what to think or who to blame for this. Stones is a bell. The board are bells.

The board could earn a LOT of respect if they refuse to sell him this summer but gut feeling says they can't wait to get the money in.

Interesting article in the Times recently saying that we were at a fork in the road. Keep Stones and move to a new stadium we went one way, sell Stones & remain at an unmodified GP, and we would stay as plucky Everton, a failed relic of being one of the "Big Five"

Guess we're finding out which path we've taken.

Ah well, born a blue, will stay a blue

Exactly the case. Whatever happens here, you can by and large disregard the transfer request - we have chosen to act a certain way.

Why blame agents? I know plenty of people who aren't footballers who choose to make career moves without an agent.

Maybe John Stones wants to leave or Maybe he just doesn't want to stay.

If he's ambitious then maybe he's weighing up the best case scenario at Everton this season and the best case scenario at Chelsea and deciding on that basis.

It's possible isn't it?

No.

So to clarify, you don't blame the club at all for not sitting down with the player and talking to him for the last month this has been happening, and truly believe John Stones has kept his desire to go to Chelsea a complete secret until this afternoon?

You honestly believe that? Really?

I don't Tubey.

I heard something very specific that i believed.

However events today prove that this clubs board are not above playing ploys and misleading our fans deliberately

@davek

I really think the lads being pushed out. How long does it take to sign players. Seems to me we must be only club that takes all weekend to sign someone thats watching us. Are we really that slow that we didnt know the lad coming to sign might need a work permit that has strong chace of failing. Waiting for stones money then its all rush or loans because never had time to replace. Someone not doing there jobs there paid to do. If he goes then as its been said on here let someone else have him not chelsea.

How many times does it have to happen before a pattern is identified though?

Rooney, not for sale. Transfer request late. Sold. Money gradually invested to net spend.

Do the above process, replace the name with Fellaini, Lescott, Rodwell. In the case of Arteta, it wasn't even re-invested, it was banked and confirmed as such by Moyes.

We pull the same trick over and over again, and it's because we're ran as a club who simply will not invest properly in the playing staff and rely on big sales to appease the books.

And that's fine if we were open about that. But we're lied to again and again as being a "big club", a club that is not a "selling club" - but the men in charge clearly view it differently.

I mean read the below and tell me how Martinez - a man who came here and said off the bat he wanted to build us into a Champions League team - hasn't been sold up the river here by Everton being Everton.

CLeb2SgWsAAIJe_.jpg:large

But it is well known that Lescott pushed repeatedly for a move and his performances at the time were not good. Stones was great against City. Rodwell was sold on the 12th of August so hardly that late. That means you've got Rooney, Fellaini, and Arteta. Three players in ten years is hardly proof of a big conspiracy.

We sell players to clubs who are considerably better than us. That's just football.

If the board haven't offered him a massively improved contract in the past few weeks to try and tempt him then it's ridiculous.

Interesting article in the Times recently saying that we were at a fork in the road. Keep Stones and move to a new stadium we went one way, sell Stones & remain at an unmodified GP, and we would stay as plucky Everton, a failed relic of being one of the "Big Five"

Guess we're finding out which path we've taken.

Ah well, born a blue, will stay a blue

We haven't accepted the request yet.

Got no bad feelings for John Stones after today's developments, and won't do if he ends up leaving on the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Dissapointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered dreams parkway.
1. He's not a local boy like Rooney was, he's got no affinity for Everton like us lot have.
2. He's started the season professionally and played well, not sulked like Lescott did.

He's an extremely talented young man, who wants a chance to play at the highest stage, it's a shame we couldn't have kept him for another couple of years, but the club have absolutely zero ambition apart from cashing the TV money year in year out, the days of players sticking around at clubs (Especially if they're English) are long gone. Best of luck to him if he goes, and thanks for the £30+ million.

It's not that though, he's someone I used to know and is Impersonating me. We're this done random website I would mind but the timing is nit only massively suspect but he's said stuff to me in PMs that this other guy used to.

Funnily enough, we're a bit busy at the moment mate.

When I've got 10 minutes to spare I'll PM you to explain how you can easily verify what's what, but till then, ignore him

Carmelo pushed a move through to NY for marketing reasons.

It normally either tends to happen that way, or when a star in on the downside of their career and looking to get that elusive ring.
The end of the career thing happens when a player is past his prime and on a big contract. The holding club wants out of the contract, the receiving club sees something in the veteran (Ray Allen's 3-point shot), or there is usually sometime of respect for the player and their career.

Someone like John Stones would NEVER be allowed to determine where he plays in the USA and that is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.