John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said a few months ago that this is not a disaster, loosing Stones will not make a massive difference to the way we play, not investing the money will be the disaster. If we spend well could be a good thing? Not saying I want him sold but not as distraught as some, get him to [Poor language removed] if he wants to go!

Supposedly sky reported it mate

So just to confirm is it just sources at the minute mate?

If so I will save my fume for another day. If it turns out to be true then Everton, well more importantly Martinez has to flat out refuse to sell him.

We sell him.for 40m and what then? We spend 30m on crap in a rush and basically means we haven't spent a penny this summer.

I want to see if we've got the balls to stick him in the reserves whilst still going out getting these 3 players he keeps talking about. If we sell, Martinez words will have been hollow and for me it means ALL OF US as fans of this great club have to stick together and get this joke of a board out because it isn't acceptable for kids aged 21 after one decent season thinking they can do a Rooney on us. If we can't make a kid stick it out here with all the money washing about in football well that just shows you how the mighty have fallen and my anger will be directed firmly on the board of directors whose job it is to adhere to our motto, some thing they've been trying to erase for the best part of 25 years.

Not surprised

Is there even any point in English football anymore ?

No ones ever allowed into the "elite" as they just buy up everyone else's good players.

Football is the most broken sport in the world, U.S. Sports are so much better in terms of competitiveness.
Australia's NRL and AFL are equally as competitive...similar caps in place to ensure quality of competition. Football/soccer is supposed to be the people's game?...lol

Jesus Christ, the state of some in here.

We could easily get a good price here, and with decent re-investment by Martinez, we'll see ourselves come out of this with a better squad, just as we did with Rooney.

All this crap about the board etc, Chelsea used the media to unsettle him and it has worked. I'm disappointed, I like Stones, but if he wants to go I see why. Trophies and money.

Now lets discuss price, I reckon 30 + Moses. This is to reduce the pay to Barnsley in sell on fees.

Crap and why do we need another backup?

Listen, we will survive without Stones. Put his potential to the side and he offers little we couldn't replace now.

Make no mistake, I'm not downplaying him. I know he will be the best CB in the country and I suspect within 2-3 years will be better than any CB we'll see play for us for a long time. But he's only recently become first choice, and we can hopefully strengthen other positions if we sell him. The dream of seeing him captain us to glory will die, but hopefully we can sign some new heroes in the wake of that.

They key thing is that we hold firm and either do not sell or we absolutely rinse Chelsea. Anything less than £35m is poor business for us, given all the factors.
The best cb in the league or the best English cb?

Can't blame the board for what Stones has done. (Unless there's some kind of JFK-type conspiracy theory going on and all are complicit. With this board though I doubt it, as they aren't that well organised!)

I agree with Groucho, Stones' timing in handing it in is all off and very poor form on his part. I undestand his frustrations, if he wanted to move, but he should have handed it in earlier or else held off for the time being.

As for Martinez, if he has been hung out to dry on this then it is shameful. Especially if results start to tail off, the fan's unrest grows and the wolves start to mass at the door, the board are not going to repay him with the same loyalty and decency that he is showing them here! They will take the easy option and will sack him.

That's why if Stones does go the board must reinvest in good players immediately. If they don't and the crap starts to hit the fan it is important for fans to remember this, and not blame Martinez.

No loyalty today with agents involved!

Why blame agents? I know plenty of people who aren't footballers who choose to make career moves without an agent.

Maybe John Stones wants to leave or Maybe he just doesn't want to stay.

If he's ambitious then maybe he's weighing up the best case scenario at Everton this season and the best case scenario at Chelsea and deciding on that basis.

It's possible isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.