John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but gibson wasnt a crock when he came to us. Howard has been a top keeper for us, considering the price tag we paid for him. People may think he needs replacing now but at least he has been solid, or are you forgetting wright, simosen, gerrard that came before him? Neville was a good captain, believe me. Behind the scenes he was the one who was kicking arse in the dressing room when we were doing badly. He was a winner, more than anyone else in the squad so even though we wasnt the best player on the pitch he was still great as a captain for the team. I have heard many stories of this back when he was here, so not speculating on that. Saha scored some goals for us, although i didnt like the facvt that he was our main striker. But he still scored goals, and only when he completely ran out of power did we let him go, 6 months too late perhaps but still.

And when you consider how much we actually paid for these players, they were practically given to us on the basis of goodwill.
Gibson rarely played for United down to injuries, - We paid a fee for Neville 3.5 million and the their the wages - I forgot about Saha - so that's another Unt reject who ended up a poor crocked signing just one one good season!

Gibson was a crock, thats why he was stuck in Uniteds reserves.

he was in the reserves because he was a bit of a tit

a few of them went out round christmas time drinking and pissed ferguson off. One of them was rooney, the other gibson, guess which one got sold?

because they are investing in a top player ala united with rooney, city with sterling etc

They can buy a short term replacement yeah, and stones will then cost more in the future. Spend pretty big now and get him at the club and then when stones becomes the player everyone thinks he will become, and his value skyrockets more, then you already own him.

Remember Rooney wasn't exactly world class when he left us, but united still fronted the money because they knew he would be in the future
Rooney wasn't the finished article but he was just off the back of a successful European championships, scored a Champions League hat-trick on his debut and has never been out of the United or England team since then.

All this thread will be null and void if Stones does actually hand in a transfer request. Nice guy that he seems to be, money talks and heads will be turned. Take for example: "insert any transfer ever".

Even the beloved Stevie GBH was minutes away from a move to Romans Oil empire.

Eventually all this media propaganda does get inside the head of the player. As much as I want us to keep him, I won't be surprised if he does see the bright lights and ask for a move. Doesn't seem to matter that a whole plethora of talent before him moved for similar reasons and ended up warming benches at the Etihad or Stamford Bridge...

Gibson rarely played for United down to injuries, - We paid a fee for Neville 3.5 million and the their the wages - I forgot about Saha - so that's another Unt reject who ended up a poor crocked signing just one one good season!
he didnt soley on injury, was on loan a couple of times and was dropped.

Whats wrong with that if I feel you have misread them?
because it defeats the object of me replying to you if you are just going to go back to the start and reply to them again?!

do you want me to copy and paste my answers? Not sure the mod police would like that tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.