John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't want to sell him but as you're doing your sums you need to bear in mind that we already need a playmaker and a CB and presumably have some budget for it (Hopefully at least £15m). If we ended up with an extra £25m to spend we would need to replace Stones but there should be plenty of money left over to add to what we already have.

This is the way I see it:
If we keep him we would probably have: Stones + average CB + average playmaker + satisfaction of telling Jose to do one

If we lose him we would probably have: Good CB + good CB + boss playmaker + depressed feeling having given up one of our best players.

Two points. If we have budget there already why are we not making moves?

'Boss playmaker' - how much does one of these cost? If Martinez has scouted a boss unknown then he won't need 20 mill to get him. If he's found a boss playmaker who costs 20 mill plus then there's no way he's coming to Everton even if we have the money.

And Gary says

“Potentially he can be a top player, not just for us but also for England,” Cahill said. “I think England will benefit too because he will get more experience playing in the Premier League and also the Champions League. I’m sure he will become a bigger and better player for that.”

Cheeky [Poor language removed] is saying we're getting relegated. [Poor language removed] off you right [Poor language removed].

I don't want to sell him but as you're doing your sums you need to bear in mind that we already need a playmaker and a CB and presumably have some budget for it (Hopefully at least £15m). If we ended up with an extra £25m to spend we would need to replace Stones but there should be plenty of money left over to add to what we already have.

This is the way I see it:
If we keep him we would probably have: Stones + average CB + average playmaker + satisfaction of telling Jose to do one
If we lose him we would probably have: Good CB + good CB + boss playmaker + depressed feeling having given up one of our best players.
yeah doesnt work like that mate. you'd be betting on 3 new players to come in and all by a rousing success. selling one player for big money and bringing in 3+ players with that money hasn't really worked recently in the prem (Spurs and the RS)

Chelsea have pumped story after story into the media to ensure that Everton look like the small, petty party who are standing in the way of a player's development. The worst part is watching certain papers pander to this narrative because they know they'll get traffic from it.

Let's not be naive though, we say he's not for sale, Moan-rinho will then say stuff like "A club in their position will have to sell, I don't know why Everton aren't selling". Then the sources that say he's desperate to go to Chelsea is a typical trick to advance a narrative. Where was all the sources saying Mata wanted to leave Chelsea, that Felipe Luis was desperate? They don't get reported because it would anger readers who wouldn't come back. But the non-Sky 4 teams players are always desperate for new challenges - and to be fair, anyone with ambition would consider playing for the best clubs - because the biggest audience want to see those stories.

Chelsea have a transfer strategy that uses the media to battle against free spending clubs like United, Citeh, even Liverpool, because they're happy to risk losing out on a few players to keep transfer fees down. Jose says he won't talk about players at other clubs, but Terry and Cahill will, are they punished for it? Nope, because they've been told to, to woo the player. It's frustrating as supporters who have to put up with being treated like second-class fans because we're not the box office draw on Sky.

tl:dr Do one Gary Cahill, you grubby flirt

I despise modern football, I really do.
Money. That is the be all and end all. I also hate the term 'small club'. The only thing that defines a clubs size these days is cash flow.
Chelsea and Manchester City are nothing in terms of heritage when compared to Everton and Aston Villa, but they have the money, so attract glory hunters and media hacks fawn over them.
The game will eventually eat itself whole.

I hope Stones stays, but we are pushing against a tide of ****, and still have a useless board in charge.

semi amusingly if we sold him which we shouldn't under any circumstance i reckon him and Cahill would start the very next England game - even if Stones isn't starting for Chelsea by that time

Interesting if the club do what they should do and hold firm on not selling him how the papers will manage to spin it so we come out in a bad light and are damaging England's hopes for the next tournament, mark the words it will happen that way as well. Meanwhile the media pressure and stories all coming out is getting to the point of being obscene now, Chelsea who in my recent memory were a total no mark club bouncing around the between this and the second division routinely are now treated like their the English version of Real Madrid, when in reality should their owner pull the plug they'd be back to being a no mark and no history team in the blinking of an eye

Two points. If we have budget there already why are we not making moves?

'Boss playmaker' - how much does one of these cost? If Martinez has scouted a boss unknown then he won't need 20 mill to get him. If he's found a boss playmaker who costs 20 mill plus then there's no way he's coming to Everton even if we have the money.
RM eyeing up two Barca players maybe one on loan a play maker!
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...verton-transfer-rumours-blues-target-9704710?

Jons a lovely fella and if he goes, he'll go with my blessing. If we can get 34 million for him it's good business for us. What he cost us- what he's sold for = healthy return. This is us now unfortunatly. Cant believe any of you think we'd have a chance of keeping hold of any prospects with the crazy numbers the richer clubs are throwing around. Appears to me were small fry these days. I guess money ..maketh a club now. Just pleased I have seen the light and cancelled sky in the house including sky sports. Couldnt stand to see our great club become nothing but a chuckle for the tylers of the world. Made me red with rage just listening to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.