John Hurst RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP - under 23 Captain for England - most younger fans went mad about John stones - this guy ex CF was brilliant Labbys legs what a defensive partnership - He was miles better than Stones - should have got a full cap - drove into midfield & scored some great goals too - you only missed him when he was injured & not playing to realise what an asset he was to us in his pomp - RIP to all his family a sad day -

1705609508581.png

1705609596023.png

i’m 42 so know idea of him RIP
He was that good mate better than John Stones cost us nothing born in Blackpool an academy player - wore no 10 , but played a duel CH role with Captain Labone - he broke into midfield often & often scored so fast & brilliant in the air - an ex CF plus our first no 12 as a substitute scored in that game, but the referee disallowed it by blowing the final whistle to stop us winning 2-1 at Stoke away ....

As a lad My late father took me to the pit - he was MOTM in a 0-0 draw he marked a certain top player in Roger Hunt out of the game Bally hit a post - my late father was well impressed with him - he will be great for us, he stated & he certainly was - RIP to a quiet individual under 23 captain for England - he did his talking on the pitch -RIP

…started as a striker in that FA Youth Cup winning team and scored some valuable goals in the 1970 title winning team. I think he scored at Arsenal in a 1-0 win.
First game of the season. I was in the Clock end. He also scored in the next game away at Man Utd in mid week - 2-0 win. Managed to get to every game that season and we won the League! I was also at the Youth Cup Final game at Goodison against Arsenal in '65. RIP Hursty. X

Status
Not open for further replies.