Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil sorry for re-opening the Barton debate,just looked back through theres obviously very little change towards barton. I know he's acted like a complete nob. But on football ability and ignoring his actions off the pitch (if thats possible for anyone to do), i think he'd be a great player for us.

Ability wise, yes.
Personality wise, definitely no.

We're not asking him to come around and run a creche we want him to play football, which he is very good at. I dont go in for all this politcaly correct high moral ground stuff when it comes to football.

He criticises his teammates and the manager, he physically attacks other players, trainees and fans and he's liable to leave us a man down on the pitch. Why would we even contemplate inviting that sort of trouble on ourselves? We've got a fairly harmonious squad who work hard for each other without a thought of personal glory and who play hard but fair. Barton is the antithesis of everything that we're trying to achieve. In any other walk of life he'd have been sacked for gross misconduct long ago.

He criticises his teammates and the manager, he physically attacks other players, trainees and fans and he's liable to leave us a man down on the pitch. Why would we even contemplate inviting that sort of trouble on ourselves? We've got a fairly harmonious squad who work hard for each other without a thought of personal glory and who play hard but fair. Barton is the antithesis of everything that we're trying to achieve. In any other walk of life he'd have been sacked for gross misconduct long ago.

Because its dopey media hysteria, hes a ted granted, but hes damn fine footballer. I disagree to be honest, i dont see how hes out for himself more then any other footballler, in fact watching him play he is all about the team, hes driven Newcastle on this season. To be honest all the things you mention above Big Dunc has done.

Rooney, goes around cheating on his missus while shes pregers, uses brassers and shouts obsenities down the camera to millions, bet the majority would have him here in a heart beat though.

Its all media drival for me they hype all this stuff trying to make bad boys - hes just a ted - not the downfall of society.

Add this to his recent rant
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...brawl.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailfootball

Where he calls dabo a [Poor language removed] and says he should call his castrated horse after him.

Ability wise, hes a strong player. But in the dressing room, on the pitch and off it he's a liability who can pop at any minute.

He's a scumbag and won't ever play for us

Just saw this elsewhere. It's Joey Barton's "rap sheet":

2003/04

first red card of his career for arguing with the ref at half time with his team 3-0 down. 10 men go on to win that game.

Leaves City of Manchester Stadium in anger at not being named in the team.

2004/05

Sparks ten man brawl after hacking at an opposition player in a preseason friendly

Stubs out lit cigar in a youth player's eye

Breaks pedestrian's leg driving through city centre at 2am

2005/06

Sent home from preseason for assaulting a 15 year old Everton supporter

Barton undergoes 'anger management' and attends 7 day Sporting Chance clinic

Written transfer request rejected

2006/07

Signs new 4 year contract

Celebrates equaliser against Everton by mooning fans

Criticises England players, especially for 'cashing in' on the world cup. Defended by Steven Gerrard but criticised by Lampard. Says he will 'rattle a few cages' when he gets his first cap for England.

Arrested for assault and criminal damage to a taxi driver, cleared.

Describes some of Manchester City's summer signings as 'substandard' and Stuart Pearce bans him from talking to the media

Assaults Ousmane Dabo in training leaving him with head injuries and a detached retina. Dabo brands him a coward for his attack after he was struck from behind and then repeatedly beaten til unconcious. Barton is given a 4 month suspended prison sentence, also banned by the FA.

2007-08

Joins Newcastle for £5.8mil, protracted negotiations as Barton seeks £300k from City as part of the deal for not submitting a transfer request. Cites his admiration for Sam Allardyce as a factor in the move.

Following his move: “I hope they (Man City)appreciate the job I did last season,” Barton said. “Were it not for myself, Micah Richards and Richard Dunne the club wouldn’t have had Shinawatra, the Premier League and Sven"

Raises foot dangerously against Dickson Etuhu in the Tyne-Wear derby leading to a NOTW headline of 'Ban Him'. FA unable to act as referee had seen the act.

Calls fans 'vicious' after their criticism of Allardyce

Arrested for assault in Liverpool city centre. Punches a man 20 times leaving him unconcious and breaks some of a teenagers teeth. Barton pleads guilty and is sentenced to 6 months in prison.

Barton admits he is an 'alcoholic', and serves 77 days of his sentence.

2008/09

Barton appears to flick Gabby Agnbonlahor and the FA consider bringing 6 games of his suspended ban into action

Sent off in his first appearance in 3 months for a tackle on Xabi Alonso ruling Barton out of Newcastles final 3 games of the season and their fight against relegation.

Newcastle suspend Barton indefinitely after calling Shearer a 'sh** manager with sh** tactics' and the intervening assistant Ian Dowie a 'pr**'. Barton insisted he was the 'best player at the club' and that Shearer had to play him after Shearer admitted it was a 'cowards tackle' and that he shouldn't have brought Barton into the team.

2009/10

Barton only starts 8 games due to injury, playing left wing on his return

2010/11

Punches Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest, 3 game ban

Directs 'lewd' and 'homophobic' remarks and gesture at Fernando Torres

Criticises England's midfield, calling Barry a 'teacher's pet' and claiming he is the best midfielder in the country.

And some of you want him to play for Everton?

Really?

Scouse attitude at its finest!!!!

Because its dopey media hysteria, hes a ted granted, but hes damn fine footballer. I disagree to be honest, i dont see how hes out for himself more then any other footballler, in fact watching him play he is all about the team, hes driven Newcastle on this season. To be honest all the things you mention above Big Dunc has done.

Rooney, goes around cheating on his missus while shes pregers, uses brassers and shouts obsenities down the camera to millions, bet the majority would have him here in a heart beat though.

Its all media drival for me they hype all this stuff trying to make bad boys - hes just a ted - not the downfall of society.

Say he signs in the summer and 3 games into the season punches an opposition player and gets a 5 match game.

Then comes back and puts in a high challenge on Baines in training giving him a broken leg.

Would you still want him?

To be honest the guy is an ass but a good footballer.

Problem with comparing him to Rooney is that whilst they might both be moronic arses as people Rooneys actions don't have half the impact on his team as what Bartons do.

Thats why i wouldn't want him here. Not because i dislike him as a person but because i think he would be way more bad for Everton than he would be good on the pitch.

To compare Big Dunc to this excuse for a man is lazy as hell. Dunc didn't do half that crap. Certainly not to his own team mates.

What sort of person stubs out a cigar in someone's eye?

He is a good footballer, but he's a moron. He's been quoted as saying that City wouldn't be in the position they are now without him and that he's the best midfielder in the country. He makes Charlie Sheen sound well-balanced at times. Big Dunc had a few scraps on the pitch and tackled a burglar in his home. Barton punched one of his own teammates unconscious and stubbed a cigarette out on a trainee. Christ, I'd even rather have Balotelli!

I happen to think that Rooney is a scumbag and I'm glad that he no longer represents us. After all that United have done for him he was prepared to do the dirty and walk away from them.

I don't want people like this at Everton. Give me players like Baines, Jagielka, Cahill and Coleman any day who see it as a priviledge to pull on the blue shirt and who are proud and loyal Evertonians.

He is a liability, whether he is right or wrong in what he is saying, he will continue to be a rebel and not tow the line - there is a line where being outspoken and being a leader is. Barton has demonstrated over a number of years he is neither a leader or the type of player we need at our club.

I agree 100% with what he has said by the way.

good player much improved thought he had changed his ways,till he give peddersen a body blow,moyes wouldnt take a chance on him.Shame because he better than few in our sqaud.

I would rather sign Eric Dier on a 6 month loan even though he will never ever play for us, and is unlikely to even make the bench. Oh wait...

Here is a picture of a rather fed up looking cat

1jrb0o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.