Joey Barton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he though? He didn't do anything since his ban for punching pedersen. Newcastle went on a bad run for a few months. His assists aren't great either. To be fair, the only thing consistant about him are his set pieces which are good.

And are we a side that are bullied? No. Do we struggle against physical teams? No.

Would Barton have been the difference turning this seasons draws into wins? Clearly not.

He still got 1 year left on his contract? Talking 5mill there...I know is rather that go on a creative midfielder before him

I can't remember what the stat was about his assists. I think he was near the top of the league for setting people up from open play. I think the truth of the matter is somewhere between what you're saying and DBRAG's views. Playing for us could possibly be his recompense. Is he any worse than Balotelli?

If we have Arteta, Osman and Coleman in midfield we don't have a lot of bite. Heitinga looks hard but he doesn't really assert himself. Would Barton have helped turn draws into wins? Possibly. He's scored as many goals as Coleman and he is able to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate play. If you think of some of our limp performances against Bolton and West Brom, I think he would have fired up people around him.

I disagree with £5m. The first word was £1m because they simply wanted him off the wage bill. The red tops are talking £4m. I'd say split the difference. £2.5m sounds reasonable, which is less than we recouped on Pienaar. Joey is 6 months younger than Peanuts. It sounds like a good swap to me.

After his deplorable antics yesterday regarding his contract at Newcastle I'd say he probably already in his way. Ya don speak bout your employer like that

I reckon he'll be going to Villa, I do doubt he will come to us after all the connotations posters have discussed and lcab saying we wouldn't sign him.

I reckon he'll be going to Villa, I do doubt he will come to us after all the connotations posters have discussed and lcab saying we wouldn't sign him.

I wouldn't be sure of that mate. I think this one could do a few miles before its over. Either way hes out of St James's this summer or January...because Ashley will want a fee!

I wouldn't be sure of that mate. I think this one could do a few miles before its over. Either way hes out of St James's this summer or January...because Ashley will want a fee!

he'll be gone before 31st August Ashley will want the maximum possible fee and he won't get it in january, they also want a younger replacement this summer apparently, despite the fact Barton only just turned 28 so he's not exactly old.

He shagged an former friend of mines wife when they split up, they are back together again now and I haven't the balls to tell him. he said she gave a crap blow job as well. Oh how I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.