Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is Tim Howard v2.0 He'll have a game where he'll make a few good saves but his mistakes and horrendous performances are too often.

He simply isn't good enough for where the club wants to go.

Making at least one horror mistake a game. You get away with it against the likes of Burnley but it costs you points against top sides. Will not be in goal for us next season

Bad goals conceded or mistakes made by each keeper for me are -

Stekkers
wba away - not strong enough on cross
boro home - not strong enough on cross
Burnley away - 1st goal
Chelsea away - first 2 goals
utd home - running off his line like a tit

Joel
rs home - harsh imo but general consensus is he should have got across his line quicker
Bournemouth- 3rd goal bad positioning
Spurs away - 1st goal diving at fresh air
rs away - 3rd goal awful positioning
Leicester- 2nd goal
Burnley - gives away penalty

So for crap goals/mistakes leading to goals they are at 6-6 in the battle for crapness. The problem for Joel is his last 4 mistakes have come in the last 5 games so he's on an upward crapness trend.

Final verdict - unfortunately both too crap to be considered number 1 material. I thought Joel had looked far superior up until the last few weeks where he's started drinking cups of crap with Stekkers at lunchtime.

I thought Robles was a good steady keeper (not top notch) and particularly liked him for coming out for crosses which to me essential in any keeper. Yesterdays brain fart really shocked me and now know we must get much better. His coming for crosses yesterday was also a bit shambolic. It may sound like knee jerk but I now don't want him as no.1. That brain fart was shocking and has killed all my good will for him. I really do not know what keepers are out there. I don't like Joe Hart (riddled with errors), Forster and schmiechal (I know it's spelt wrong) are not top notch and not much of an improvement for the money we would have to splash.

Bad goals conceded or mistakes made by each keeper for me are -

Stekkers
wba away - not strong enough on cross
boro home - not strong enough on cross
Burnley away - 1st goal
Chelsea away - first 2 goals
utd home - running off his line like a tit

Joel
rs home - harsh imo but general consensus is he should have got across his line quicker
Bournemouth- 3rd goal bad positioning
Spurs away - 1st goal diving at fresh air
rs away - 3rd goal awful positioning
Leicester- 2nd goal
Burnley - gives away penalty

So for crap goals/mistakes leading to goals they are at 6-6 in the battle for crapness. The problem for Joel is his last 4 mistakes have come in the last 5 games so he's on an upward crapness trend.

Final verdict - unfortunately both too crap to be considered number 1 material. I thought Joel had looked far superior up until the last few weeks where he's started drinking cups of crap with Stekkers at lunchtime.

Joel cocked up for the 2nd against spurs as well, rolling the ball out into an area where kane alli and Dembele were all pressing

Robles just frustrates too much but I hope we don't spend money on either Hart or Schmeichel. Hart would be an expensive shocker - apparently five mistakes for Torino this season leading to goals.

People would be more patient with a young local lad if he was performing like Robles as there would be hope for improvement. Robles will improve but I just think that there is a window of opportunity to progress and unfortunately if your keeper makes mistakes then there is a greater likelihood of losing points. I actually think that his experience this year may make him a decent back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.