Joel Robles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously blaming Robles?

He was positioned fine, the fact that Sturridge could only get his shot onto the post shows his angles were right.

Now if only our great defenders would bother following up on rebounds.

He did nothing wrong.

That's simply incorrect.

Nobody is saying the defenders couldn't have done better. Of course they could have, but to dismiss the keeper's part in it is utterly naive.

If you watched the replay afterwards, you would see that he does a needless little jump as the shot is trickled towards him. By the time he sorts his feet out, it's too late. It's a technical error. Other keepers would have made that save look very easy.

He probably wasnt expecting a seasoned international to let his opponent go on to his much stronger foot.

He'll cost us points over Christmas if he gets an extended run in the team. Then again, so will the other fella so it's horses for courses.

He probably wasnt expecting a seasoned international to let his opponent go on to his much stronger foot.

Baines tracked the run from the left wing, Sturridge managed to run along our whole box before getting a shot away, you would think at some point somebody would have come from the other side and stopped the run, but no the rest of the team just watched the run and then failed to be alert for the follow up after the shot, we switched off and got punished, hard.

Baines tracked the run from the left wing, Sturridge managed to run along our whole box before getting a shot away, you would think at some point somebody would have come from the other side and stopped the run, but no the rest of the team just watched the run and then failed to be alert for the follow up after the shot, we switched off and got punished, hard.

I don't disagree with any of that. But i'd hope a keeper wouldn't let a basic pea roller slip by him.

I might be being harsh. But it just didn't look good to me.

I don't disagree with any of that. But i'd hope a keeper wouldn't let a basic pea roller slip by him.

It doesnt look great, im just saying it wasnt your average howler, it was poor keeping, but there were many factors, people just want somebody to blame and I personally would be looking at 3 or 4 of them, it was a team effort.

It doesnt look great, im just saying it wasnt your average howler, it was poor keeping, but there were many factors, people just want somebody to blame and I personally would be looking at 3 or 4 of them, it was a team effort.

Yeah that makes sense. I believe it's called a poop storm. And we were right in the middle of it.

SAKE

The goal wasn't really his fault, even I'll give him that and I'm not a massive fan of his work

Robles isn't the answer though, and never has been

We need a new keeper. I'm not sure 22 year old Pickford is the best bet either, but who else is there?

Butland, Forster or Heaton? None of their clubs will sell them mid season

Begovic? Is he really that much better than what we already have?

Just another reason to be sodding miserable at this point really

He did the mannequin challenge. Or perhaps he had a bet on 0:1 defeat. If it had been Grobelaar in goal ...The guy is a liability. Some great saves and then a bad goal like that!

Having watched the replay, it was a very good disguised shot from Sturridge, completely done him up like a kipper, shocking that Mane was first to react, very harsh to blame the boy Robles IMO.
Dixie deans statue could have moved faster than our two central defenders it was a scuffed shot which should have never came in where where those two centre backs?????
Bainesy was chasing Sturridge what were they doing other than blocking Robles veiw????

Mane then had to make up TWO YARDS to get past them to score a tap in Robles tried to dive back on the ball and who stopped him a late lunge by Mori - static defending, by those two - the warnings were there two time Seamus Coleman pulled them two out of trouble by being in the centre to do their job with last ditch tackles or interceptions the pair of them have two speeds slow and stop!
As for Robles not the answer , but look at Steks recent record since Robles kept a clean sheet in our win v west ham who scored 2 at Anfield - we need a no 1 keeper for sure have done for 3 years so RK buys a has been from Fulham who was Southampton's no 2 flopped at the mighty Fulham - hes Dutch so he plays he has let in some clangers the one at home v Unt was a droppable offence IMO!
Stek also should know better to leave the field when crocked what was he doing?
those 8 minutes were down to him why did he not just hobble off behind the goal two men had to help him off in the end , and he played on for 3-4 minutes if they had scored then he would be getting belters on here by doing that he added pressure more running around!!
hes the joke of a keeper imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.