Jimmy Gabriel RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My late father's favourite player he played all over the place even no 9 RIP Gabby....
I did see him play age 6 onwards, he was a blond bombshell for us RIP - a true Blue -

1625946916579.png

Last edited:

…seem to remember him playing for Saints in the 8-0 Toffees win in the snow at Goodison.
A few months after we sold him to Southampton we played some great stuff against them at Goodison, 4 - 0 when Gabby scored at the Street End for Southampton and got a fabulous crowd reaction! Got a bit iffy a few minutes later when big Ron Davies got a second, but eventually comfortable winners 4 - 2. Absolute diamond for us, replaced in affect by the signing of Howard. We can only wish todays players had that total commitment and ability! RIP Jimmy

RIP Jimmy, you were one of my boyhood heroes. I’ll never forget you with the ball by the corner flag at Wembley, in the last few minutes of the 66 cup final win over Sheffield Wednesday. That was my first ever trip to London, I was 13, all of my boyhood heroes are going now. I believe only Derek Temple and Mike Trebilcock left from that team.

RIP Jimmy, you were one of my boyhood heroes. I’ll never forget you with the ball by the corner flag at Wembley, in the last few minutes of the 66 cup final win over Sheffield Wednesday. That was my first ever trip to London, I was 13, all of my boyhood heroes are going now. I believe only Derek Temple and Mike Trebilcock left from that team.
Watched that game at my uncle's house with my bro Paul (a tradition we had been doing since 1960) When Sheff Wed went 2 up, I ran into the back yard in tears....bro ran after me and said its ok we will win...how right he was....that corner flag trick was magic......and Jimmy won the throw in as well.
Colin Harvey is still with us.
What a team !

Status
Not open for further replies.