Jimmy Gabriel RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there no end to sad news today?
So sad to find out about his passing. A regular in the team when I first started attending the games. What an underrated player he was. He was Everton through and through. I am genuinely upset hearing this. Legend is a word scattered around too freely these days, but no issue whatsoever with describing Gabby as one.
RIP Jimmy.
Yes one of the best on and off the field, easy to talk to and plenty of humour in him, great wing half with a few games and goals playing as a centre forward, RIP Jimmy always a pleasure to watch you, we could do with a player of your class in our mid field now.

As my name suggests, my Dad watched Everton for years. I was raised with the story of Jimmy Gabriel running the clock down in the 1966 cup final (I was born in 1967). Dad and Mum both had season tickets and loved him. My in laws were related to Jimmy by marriage, Bob my father in law drove Jimmy down to Southampton for his transfer. They kept in touch up to Bobs death in 2007. I'm bereft at the news. RIP Jimmy and thank you.

Very sad to hear......Jimmy scored in a 1-0 victory over Fulham in the first game I ever saw at Goodison in March 1961. Played in the old wing half position with distinction, combining skill with committment. Always remember his "battles" with Mike Summerbee of Man C......wish we had someone similar in our team today.
RIP Jimmy and thanks for some great memories

Status
Not open for further replies.