Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dele Alli must be on a big wage, Lingard has better recent form than him.
You can’t slag one Lingard off and then praise Alli.
We deffo couldn’t have both at the club though.

Oh you can easily mate.
For one there's like 4/5 years of age.
Fir two there's like 4-5 times the ability ones shown
For three is recent form one good two month spell in 5 years?

Oh you can easily mate.
For one there's like 4/5 years of age.
Fir two there's like 4-5 times the ability ones shown
For three is recent form one good two month spell in 5 years?
This is the big red flag for sure. No thanks

Think we massive need goals, threat and creativity mate, a link between the engine room and forwards and penetration.

He’s a good player, but the deal has to be worth on the figures being quoted it’s not worth it. Pity because he’d add to us, in the short term admittedly.

The gamble with Lingard is if you get the Lingard that was on loan at West Ham. If you do, it's a great buy, but that's a really small window.

The gamble with Lingard is if you get the Lingard that was on loan at West Ham. If you do, it's a great buy, but that's a really small window.

I feel with Lingard there are so many, perhaps to many parts and variables at play mate, talent, value, risk, resale, shelf life, character, our need, our limits, our costs, our other options in that context.

I think he’s a good player and I think he improves us, but when I run the deal through a few of the above filters, my instinct is it feels like one we should walk from.

A quote from an article regarding Lingard....!

"Lingard has even attempted to create a kind of well-choreographed superhero alter-ego for himself that incorporates his dance move of preference, once taking to the pitch with 'Dabberman' embroidered on his boots."

I'm not even that sold on that really. I'm not sure hes world class or anything, but he is a good fit of what is needed. He basically ticks all of the boxes.
I'm a big fan of metrics mate, in this regard Tarkowski is a top CB.

Definition of world class is rubbish anyways - it's subjective as hell sbout what you're measuring it against.

Does a 30yo Puyol look world class if you place him into say a bottom half prem team - just look how awful Cudicini looked at Newcastle for example.

Nobody outside would ever call Mountfield, Jagielka, Watson world class but to us and and what they brought to those teams at their peak they where

I think the point is more, short term we have Gray and Gordon to play un wide positions.
Ok so in the short term lets just play gray and gordon and never substitute them... we had them last season didnt work out to well (before we last our top goal scorer) if you want to go that route short term we have mina,godfrey,holgate,Keane even welch has been training with the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.