Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs who are after him just need to speak with each other and all agree a wage limit. The player then has to choose the club as nobody will be paying him more than the other.

I’m sure we did this with Villa years ago for a player?

Players have far too much power now as well as agents playing clubs off against each other for more money.
Maybe they could start a campfire and all sit around it and sing songs as well?

Only joking mate!!

Its a competition, I get it, they could sort out a deal that favoured them, but they wont, cos its a battle to the bottom with this signing.

Maybe they could start a campfire and all sit around it and sing songs as well?

Only joking mate!!

Its a competition, I get it, they could sort out a deal that favoured them, but they wont, cos its a battle to the bottom with this signing.

And honestly, that wouldn't suit us currently, as nobody is picking us over Tottenham, or even West Ham with equivalent wages* (I accept there will be some exceptions).

Each clubs is going to weigh up the value of a player. I'd imagine, the value of an experienced players, who gets goals and assists may be higher to us, than West Ham and particularly Tottenham.

Rashford was on £250k, Not a chance the funny looking one was on the same.
If this is serious that we are really going for United rejects, especially the crap ones ...well something stinks at the club....and I'm not talking Bill's fingers.
Were really not learning this transfer lark are we. The idea is buy young gifted players and sell for profits...keep doing that for...well...forever.
Buying ex players with huge mortgages and fish lipped wives ain't a recipe for success....those mongs are only in the game now to service a lifestyle.....WTF is going on with our club and why is this failed model continuing ??
Clearly Usmanov ain't the only one that needs sanctioning.

Rashford was on £250k, Not a chance the funny looking one was on the same.
If this is serious that we are really going for United rejects, especially the crap ones ...well something stinks at the club....and I'm not talking Bill's fingers.
Were really not learning this transfer lark are we. The idea is buy young gifted players and sell for profits...keep doing that for...well...forever.
Buying ex players with huge mortgages and fish lipped wives ain't a recipe for success....those mongs are only in the game now to service a lifestyle.....WTF is going on with our club and why is this failed model continuing ??
Clearly Usmanov ain't the only one that needs sanctioning.
The problem is that the Premier League is a tough gig, most people know they will only get 18months and they dont have 3 years for young players to turn a profit. So they get lazy and pick ready-made players with no thought of a future they are not likely to be part of.

It takes leadership from the top to build a 5 year project team and our board cant even build a 5minute project team.

We are doomed till there is real change at the top of the tree.

The problem is that the Premier League is a tough gig, most people know they will only get 18months and they dont have 3 years for young players to turn a profit. So they get lazy and pick ready-made players with no thought of a future they are not likely to be part of.

It takes leadership from the top to build a 5 year project team and our board cant even build a 5minute project team.

I get that mate, we've been a club in project mode since Moyes left, unless this 'project' is to kill the club from within, its a very bad project.
Why are we seemingly making the same mistakes year on year...it beggars belief. The owner needs to leave or we won't have a club to support.
These months are supposed to be the fun part of being a fan..and my insides havnt stopped churning yet.

To be honest I’m starting to think we’re just doomed.

Read most of the arguments on here for and against signing Lingard which really consisted of:-
- 100k per week over three years = $15.6m, transfer fee in nil, transfer fee out nil (what can you buy for 15.6 million over three years plus wages)? - creative player - can score - can play in numerous positions
- massive bell - problems in the dressing room - can be an okay footballer - no sell on value

To me, in my opinion you cannot have Lingard and Dele in the same team, Dele needs to move before Lingard comes in, or swerve Lingard

Read most of the arguments on here for and against signing Lingard which really consisted of:-
- 100k per week over three years = $15.6m, transfer fee in nil, transfer fee out nil (what can you buy for 15.6 million over three years plus wages)? - creative player - can score - can play in numerous positions
- massive bell - problems in the dressing room - can be an okay footballer - no sell on value

To me, in my opinion you cannot have Lingard and Dele in the same team, Dele needs to move before Lingard comes in, or swerve Lingard
Theyre not putting Delle on the kit adverts if they're actively shopping him about.

I’m not sure on that. They have played in England teams together, playing in a 3-5-2 with 2 attacking midfielders.I guess it depends on how you line up. We could continue to play 5-2-3 that we played last year and have Dele, DCL and Lingard up front and the width comes from the wingbacks

He is wanting 150k a week supposedly, not 100k.

There is also signing fees and agent fees etc which will be higher due to being a free transfer. So the actual cost would be considerably higher.

We should have neither Dele or Lingard in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.