Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Gallagher went to Palace on likely a third of that and vastly improved their team. Lingard himself went to West Ham on nowhere near that with the same positive effect. I doubt Eriksen was on much more than £50-60K and turned Brentford into a much better outfit.

With a poor team as a starting point it shouldn’t logically cost high salaries to improve it. Conversely, if it were a really good team and you wanted to improve it then wages in that bracket would be required most likely.

Lingard is definitely on about £150kpw at united and he'll be wanting more of the same at his new club because of moving on a free.

Lingards time at West ham is more the exception rather then the rule over his career. Looked like a player playing for a move and when he didn't get it reverted to type.

I expect him to continue his united form rather then his west ham form, when he signs a fat new contract at whichever club is stupid enough to sign him.

Lingard is definitely on about £150kpw at united and he'll be wanting more of the same at his new club because of moving on a free.

Lingards time at West ham is more the exception rather then the rule over his career. Looked like a player playing for a move and when he didn't get it reverted to type.

I expect him to continue his united form rather then his west ham form, when he signs a fat new contract at whichever club is stupid enough to sign him.
He was on £250k at Utd

Like I said a couple of days ago people remember his 6 months at West Ham! He’s almost 30 years of age

I can think of Richarlison, Gueye, Lookman, Vlasic and Digne.
That list is still far too small compared to the league counterparts mainly from similar business to what Lingard would be. And more importantly our deals have been pretty average returns broadly speaking. Digne and Richy I would both argue were sold not at peak value of their Everton careers. If on pitch performances made that trade off worthwhile is fair to argue, but I wouldn't classify either as great business by the club.

Lookman and Vlasic, both maybe were not a loss, but the details of why they didn't work, or if more intelligent loans could have in time made them better return on investments (as they ended up being) is also fair to speculate. Both had subsequent moves for better returns and are squad players for better teams in our own league then us. And even in this case, where we potentially poorly handled both players we made a profit. An argument to pursue similar deals based on potential for similar fees.

Gueye was maybe the only sell on I would say was outright good business from Everton start to finish, garnering 2/3rds more than the initial investment. That said look through any of the divisions best squads and that is the expectation and or rationale for the majority of their business. There is no reason to not look at Gueye and mimic a similar rationale in other deals. Instead we are considering Jesse Lingard.

Last edited:
He was on £250k at Utd

Wow, thats a absolute disgrace.

Mind you they can afford it we on the other hand gave contracts out to walcott, Bernard, tosun and bolasie on wages we couldn't afford. So, you know people in glass houses and that.

Is any of this true?

Let me re-phrase that, I agree on the wages, we shouldn’t be offering that type of money at all, especially the position we are in. But sadly, that type of player, demands that type of money. And he’s a player that would improve us.

We’ve got no money to spend to build a good team though. Our squad is far to slow, out balanced and lack energy or passion. In order for us to grow and build a great team, we need a plan like the clubs you’ve mentioned above. Them clubs have built up over time and been ran really well. We haven’t. We’ve got an owner and a fan base desperate for success, and neither have the patience for a slow re-build.

I think last season should've brought everyone crashing down for some patience and stability.

I would be very disspointed if we signed Lingard after what he reputedly said today. He is accused on Everton news now of saying he is interested in coming to Everton but only as a last resort due to their financial problems. I don't know about anybody else but I would not want him after saying that, if its true.

I would be very disspointed if we signed Lingard after what he reputedly said today. He is accused on Everton news now of saying he is interested in coming to Everton but only as a last resort due to their financial problems. I don't know about anybody else but I would not want him after saying that, if its true.
Even if he had not said that I would have still told him to FO...

Loo
As if he said that

It really isn’t. I work with loads of ex professionals and a few older but current ones and outside of match days they are bored.
Have you surveyed non-professional footballers to see who else has a boring profession?

He didnt say it.

Its a made up story from a rag we dont talk about on here.

No quotes from Lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.