Transfer Rumour Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on the wages. The problem is, who are these very good hungry players we can sign on a shoe string budget?

We are in a mess financially is not because of the wages we’ve paid, it’s the recruitment that has been poor. The fact we’ve signed players on huge fees and let them go for free hasn’t helped with financial fair play.

Richarlison is the only player we’ve bought in the last 5 years, we’ve sold for profit, who was the last one before that? Lukaku? He’s on his 4th move in that time frame of leaving us.
We sold Digne for a profit.

As for asking who the young hungry players are, surely it's the job of our management team and scouts to find them? That's why they're being paid. Clearly such players do exist, every season some fresh young talent emerges.

We sold Digne for a profit.

As for asking who the young hungry players are, surely it's the job of our management team and scouts to find them? That's why they're being paid. Clearly such players do exist, every season some fresh young talent emerges.
Forgot about Digne. So sold 3 players for profit in the last 6 years?

The clearly is young talent out there but that doesn’t seem to fit our model. That’s what everyone wanted under Brands and didn’t seem to follow that plan. Signing Mykolenko and Patterson is a good step in the right direction, hopefully it continues. Seems to be loads of cheap talent in the French leagues but our scouting system doesn’t seem to recognise that.

Sadly, in order to improve the team, we are gonna need to offer that type of wages.
Really?

Gallagher went to Palace on likely a third of that and vastly improved their team. Lingard himself went to West Ham on nowhere near that with the same positive effect. I doubt Eriksen was on much more than £50-60K and turned Brentford into a much better outfit.

With a poor team as a starting point it shouldn’t logically cost high salaries to improve it. Conversely, if it were a really good team and you wanted to improve it then wages in that bracket would be required most likely.

This mentality is how you end up unable to sell crap players and having to let their contracts run out.

Totally agree but with no money, we are in no position to be turning away a good player in Lingard and he improves us. Sadly he demands high wages and to improve us we might have to offer him the £150k a week he apparently wants.

Hopefully with Thelwell in now, our recruitment strategy changes and instead of signing players on huge fees and huge wages, and letting them go on frees. We start paying low wages and lower transfer fees. Under Moshiri, he doesn’t seem to like that idea. He thinks offering huge wages and transfer fees brings success.

Totally agree but with no money, we are in no position to be turning away a good player in Lingard and he improves us. Sadly he demands high wages and to improve us we might have to offer him the £150k a week he apparently wants.

Hopefully with Thelwell in now, our recruitment strategy changes and instead of signing players on huge fees and huge wages, and letting them go on frees. We start paying low wages and lower transfer fees. Under Moshiri, he doesn’t seem to like that idea. He thinks offering huge wages and transfer fees brings success.

I’d say quite the opposite, we definitely are not in a financial position to be throwing around £150k a week contracts to players who might marginally improve us a little bit.

As for this bit, whatever Moshiri wants we should do the polar opposite, because the fella doesn’t have the first clue about football.

The clearly is young talent out there but that doesn’t seem to fit our model. That’s what everyone wanted under Brands and didn’t seem to follow that plan. Signing Mykolenko and Patterson is a good step in the right direction, hopefully it continues. Seems to be loads of cheap talent in the French leagues but our scouting system doesn’t seem to recognise that.
I can think of Richarlison, Gueye, Lookman, Vlasic and Digne.

I’d say quite the opposite, we definitely are not in a financial position to be throwing around £150k a week contracts to players who might marginally improve us a little bit.

As for this bit, whatever Moshiri wants we should do the polar opposite, because the fella doesn’t have the first clue about football.

It seems like nobody in the club has a say what Moshiri does according to Brands.

I think we made a decent profit on Ghana as well

I can think of Richarlison, Gueye, Lookman, Vlasic and Digne.

Forgot about them but for what we’ve spent compared to bringing back in is outrageous.

Sandro
Sigurdson
Bolasie
Walcott
Tosub
Schnerdlin
Delph

Then you add the likes of Doucoure, Allen, Gomes, Keane or Mina, all likely to make massive losses on them too. Suppose you can add Barkley into making a profit.

Really?

Gallagher went to Palace on likely a third of that and vastly improved their team. Lingard himself went to West Ham on nowhere near that with the same positive effect. I doubt Eriksen was on much more than £50-60K and turned Brentford into a much better outfit.

With a poor team as a starting point it shouldn’t logically cost high salaries to improve it. Conversely, if it were a really good team and you wanted to improve it then wages in that bracket would be required most likely.
Ericksen was pay as you play according to Brentford fans

Is he even an actual winger or is he more like Dele but plays on the right instead when not positioned centrally? I'd pass exorbitant wages, older player, questionable demeanor and just inconsistent.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.