Jelavic - half season hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to be getting knocked about a bit (he also goes down too easily). But he's a constant nuicence to defenders and receives a lot of attention meaning players like Felli and Mirrallas are getting more space. If you look at Torres, he's working hard and creating space for Oscar, Mata and Hazard.

He's not scoring but he's still helping.

Anyway he'll bang a hattrick today.

This, albeit I'm not sure if I agree about the going down too easily bit. Na na na na na na na na na na na.

He's already on five. Be honest, most of us would have said about fifteen at the start of the season. Well, he's already a third of the way there. Plus, it was a winning goal today, which for me is better than him scoring a hatrick in a 5-0 win.

I enjoyed that goal today! :)

Fellaini's was fun, but there's something particularly satisfying when you see Jelavic get onto a ball like that. You just know...

Didn't see the goal, but I'm getting really frustrated with him these days. It's as if he's starting to try *too* hard and doing some daft things, such as fouling defenders needlessly and trying to mess around with the ball too much. He's very much a player who likes balls played directly into him, if he has to do too much himself he just seems to fluff his lines. Do you think the other players bypass him a bit too often do you think?

Didn't see the goal, but I'm getting really frustrated with him these days. It's as if he's starting to try *too* hard and doing some daft things, such as fouling defenders needlessly and trying to mess around with the ball too much. He's very much I player who looks balls played directly into him, if he has to do too much himself he just seems to fluff his lines. Do you think the other players bypass him a bit too often do you think?

He's just scored the winning goal and you're frustrated with him????

You can't please some people.

Didn't see the goal, but I'm getting really frustrated with him these days. It's as if he's starting to try *too* hard and doing some daft things, such as fouling defenders needlessly and trying to mess around with the ball too much. He's very much a player who likes balls played directly into him, if he has to do too much himself he just seems to fluff his lines. Do you think the other players bypass him a bit too often do you think?

:lol: Come on man. He's just scored the winning goals and you're having a go at him. There's a time and a place for criticism and now is certainly not the time.

Took his chance well today. I think that he's better upfront without Fellaini behind him, but that's in terms of goalscoring. He still bullies defenders and brings others into play which is good.

Love the guy

Don't get me wrong, he's generally brill when stuff is set up for him, which is why I think his dip in form recently is due to the fact that he's not receiving many direct balls since our midfielders seem happier just knocking the ball in and around the box these days, which often has him as part of the build up rather than end product. Even saying that, during the derby and Fulham games when he was presented with good heading chances he ballsed them up.

I dunno.. I suppose the blame doesn't lay solely with him, just today it was very noticeable that he was getting frustrated by their centre backs.

Don't get me wrong, he's generally brill when stuff is set up for him, which is why I think his dip in form recently is due to the fact that he's not receiving many direct balls since our midfielders seem happier just knocking the ball in and around the box these days, which often has him as part of the build up rather than end product. Even saying that, during the derby and Fulham games when he was presented with good heading chances he ballsed them up.

I dunno.. I suppose the blame doesn't lay solely with him, just today it was very noticeable that he was getting frustrated by their centre backs.

Think he's been struggling to find space in the opponents box because we seem to be forcing teams to sit so deep. Victims of our own success. Still been getting the odd chance though, and 5 goals in 10 games isn't all bad.

You're probably right, defenders are paying more attention to him and in turn we're finding it more difficult to set stuff up for him.

Quality. Isn't that five in ten? Wonder what his chance conversion ratio is. Never a need to worry, he'll slot til the cows come home. Great moment when the whole ground was singing his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.