Jelavic - half season hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with Mirallas being 'badly selfish'. He has actually assisted many of the recent goals...

And to be fair, the guy scored a **** ton of goals last year in the Greek league, so I am going to allow him to have a fair few shots, was very unlucky not to hit the inside side netting with his shot against Fulham after his sexy little sharp turn. I think once a couple fly in for Mirallas he will be slotting.

As for Jelavic, 4 in 9 is still a decent enough tally, and he contributes more than just goals. He will score many more especially if we continue with Pienaar and Mirallas on the flanks backed up by Baines and Coleman

He is though. I don't think it's unfair to point it out, but in a way, we've kind of needed someone like that for years. Far too often over the last few years, they've dicked about on the edge of the box trying to get the right ball in and now Mirallas is offering something different in that respect. It won't always come off and sometimes you'll wish he'll have laid it off but, unless you score you'll often have those "what if" thoughts.

To be fair I predicted this from the first few games I saw him play. Don't get me wrong, hes a brilliant finisher and when in front of goal there is normally only one outcome.

However (and I have been saying this to my non everton mates all season) aside from his goals he is a pretty average player. He's very unlikely to pull something out of nothing and his stamina is suspect (any statto's know how many he has scored after 60 mins or so) and my worry was that when he stopped scoring for a while, and lets face it every striker will have this patch, people will turn on him.

He would have scored in the derby if Mariner hadn't called that free kick back late in match.

I'm assuming Naismith would have passed it across to him where he was on his own in front of the goal.

Why did he make us re-take that kick, anyway? I've watched it a few times and can't see anything wrong with it.

He'll score as long as he gets the service he got when he started off here.

I think the problem is felli playing so close to him. Jelavic makes such clever runs and has great movement. Look at his second last season against newcastle and his first against sundeland this season. When felli is there it is played into him instead and we build from there meaning everyfthing is on top of jelavic and his movement is restricted. His goals against villa this year and norwich last season show he can pull off defenders and finish when in tight areas i just feel he would be better off with say mirrallas or someone of that ilk behind him whos first thought is to feed the jellyman. Having said that this is not to take anything away from felli who is playing like a east up there , i just don't feel it suits jelly.

he cant score if he doesent get the service, he isnt that type of player who can create chances from nothing, the wingers need to do their job and make sure the supply line is there.

I think it's down to his role with Fellaini behind him. Jelavic's job is to occupy the biggest centre back so Fellaini can dominate the other one. Blast the ball across the box and I'm still confident if it's near him it's in.

Don't know what all the fuss is about really it's not like he's 10-15 games without a goal is it. Knee jerk reactions because he scored at such a brilliant rate at the end of last season but he was never going to keep that ratio up.

I still fancy Jelavic to get 15-20 goals but if he doesn't and the goals are flowing like they are at the moment for the team who gives a sh!t.

I've seen many an occasion this year where Mirallas could've passed to Jelavic, he would've had at least 3 more goals if he had done. Instead Mirallas takes the shot on when he's had better options. Jelavic is boss, just needs more service.

Asbolutely certain he'll score tomorrow if given half a chance.

He would have scored in the derby if Mariner hadn't called that free kick back late in match.

I'm assuming Naismith would have passed it across to him where he was on his own in front of the goal.

Why did he make us re-take that kick, anyway? I've watched it a few times and can't see anything wrong with it.

He'll score as long as he gets the service he got when he started off here.

It was disgraceful. Let Liverpool take a quick free kick in the second half as well, our one was a certain goal before he pulled it back.

He needs service and hasn't been getting it, though I don't think you can blame others because it's not as if we aren't creating chances in general. We're also 4th in the league in goals. It's just that they haven't been coming to Jelavic recently.

He's fairly ineffective unless he's scoring goals, I think. And there's nothing more frustrating than watching him take up space on the wing when he isn't getting service. I get that he wants the ball and is making runs in the channels, but he's useless out there and taking up space that is meant for Baines and Pienaar.

I'm not down on him at all, I think the club has needed someone like him for a long time.

he cant score if he doesent get the service, he isnt that type of player who can create chances from nothing, the wingers need to do their job and make sure the supply line is there.

Not creating chances?

Were creating plenty, were just not taking them. My worry is Jelavic isn't getting on the end of them, while others do. If he had got on 6 or 7 of the 26 chances at Fulham, he'd of bagged at least one, but he's not. Lacking a bit of sharpness and fitness for me.

Still think he'll bang 2 tomorrow.

He seems to be getting knocked about a bit (he also goes down too easily). But he's a constant nuicence to defenders and receives a lot of attention meaning players like Felli and Mirrallas are getting more space. If you look at Torres, he's working hard and creating space for Oscar, Mata and Hazard.

He's not scoring but he's still helping.

Anyway he'll bang a hattrick today.

Status
Not open for further replies.